Specialty Sales to take over home and seasonal

Do you have a link to the chart? I did a quick search and only found one posted 2 years ago. And please, if you have a whisper of the changes let us/me know, I'm big on planning. Not planning an escape or anything...just making sure the right people are in the right place and have the best training they can for what has to be accomplished.
That's the one. Apparently it came after/during some phase of modernization.

It has all of the additional ETL's on it. I don't recall seeing that one either.

what changes are coming???
Our schedule has changed dramatically. More early/late shifts - fewer mids. The 8-4 availability’s are upset - fewer mid hours available - their shifts are shorter.
‘No assigned DBO;s to areas. All inbound push all areas (remember FLOW team). Less freight on floor ALL day.

I liked the idea of DBO’s but hated the pallets and uboats blocking every aisle but kind of got used to the look. Shopped at Kohls last night - NOT ONE BOX in sight - was very relaxing to just SHOP. I have stopped “browsing”in Target cause too difficult with the freight …..everywhere ! Some days it felt more like a warehouse than a store. Uboats blocking shelves/pallets blocking walkways, yuk. There will be less of this ‘mess’ in future schedules.

There have been rumors for YEARS that more departments are going VMG instead of planogram - like TJ MAXX sets up their departments- put out what you HAVE instead of just the item on the label. The only thing that worries me about this is the lack of proper ‘merchandising’ training. When we are allowed to FLEX in seasonal - it becomes a ‘yard sale like’ MESS. Candy next to bath bombs next to paper products……tm’s need to be taught to think ‘families’-like it Bullsye-separate home items from toy items.

That was probably our timing also. I thought it was because our TL left about then and the replacement was new but then it was announced that even if the old TL have stayed they also would have dropped the salesfloor responsibilities

Our schedule has changed dramatically. More early/late shifts - fewer mids. The 8-4 availability’s are upset - fewer mid hours available - their shifts are shorter.
‘No assigned DBO;s to areas. All inbound push all areas (remember FLOW team). Less freight on floor ALL day.

I liked the idea of DBO’s but hated the pallets and uboats blocking every aisle but kind of got used to the look. Shopped at Kohls last night - NOT ONE BOX in sight - was very relaxing to just SHOP. I have stopped “browsing”in Target cause too difficult with the freight …..everywhere ! Some days it felt more like a warehouse than a store. Uboats blocking shelves/pallets blocking walkways, yuk. There will be less of this ‘mess’ in future schedules.

There have been rumors for YEARS that more departments are going VMG instead of planogram - like TJ MAXX sets up their departments- put out what you HAVE instead of just the item on the label. The only thing that worries me about this is the lack of proper ‘merchandising’ training. When we are allowed to FLEX in seasonal - it becomes a ‘yard sale like’ MESS. Candy next to bath bombs next to paper products……tm’s need to be taught to think ‘families’-like it Bullsye-separate home items from toy items.

RIP to SFS -- *INF* that shit

I am *super* picky about purging Seasonal and Mini. I keep *everything* together in a way that makes sense.

Former Backroom TL said he'd never seen Christmas [Salesfloor and backroom] look so good as when I ran that area (Seasonal and Mini) one year.

OR sfs tms could be trained properly when it comes to VMGs and also ask for help finding something.

But what if you ask for help, and the TL/tm tells SFS to "look in the home location" - aka provides no help.
-
With no DBOs and no locations - shit gets put everywhere -- aka pillows, throws, etc. -- might be in bedding, pillow wall of HOME, in Lawn and Garden, etc.... don't forget to check Reshop or the mound of Repacks in the backroom!

I'm getting really nervous about this. I'm told nothing will change for me except I"ll have a new TL. Who wiill that be? We haven't decided yet. Who will cover my off days? A style TM. Do they know how to read planograms? We'll teach them. Can they use the wave to backstock? We'll teach them. Will they be able to lift 20 pound air fryers three high on the risers? We'll help them.

Any talk of making my area totally VMG just gives me the chills. Right item. Right place. Right amount. This is the way.

I'm getting really nervous about this. I'm told nothing will change for me except I"ll have a new TL. Who wiill that be? We haven't decided yet. Who will cover my off days? A style TM. Do they know how to read planograms? We'll teach them. Can they use the wave to backstock? We'll teach them. Will they be able to lift 20 pound air fryers three high on the risers? We'll help them.

Any talk of making my area totally VMG just gives me the chills. Right item. Right place. Right amount. This is the way.
I’m surprised you guys allowed having risers .

If more depts go VMG and get rid of plano's for those departments. it's clear now how they will finally get rid of all remaining plano tms. Best of luck to fullfillment on finding unlocated items.

If more depts go VMG and get rid of plano's for those departments. it's clear now how they will finally get rid of all remaining plano tms. Best of luck to fullfillment on finding unlocated items.

They'll still need people to set VMGs and clean them up from time to time. Simple switch for me to just move over to specialty sales and do that. My VM would love it.

Most of my fulfillment team don't really use locations now as it is. I see them visually scanning shelves all the time looking for the item pictured on their screen instead of just going to the location listed.

Most of my fulfillment team don't really use locations now as it is. I see them visually scanning shelves all the time looking for the item pictured on their screen instead of just going to the location listed.

That drives me crazy. They always wreck the zone when they do that. A few days ago I saw a fulfillment TM picking up and scanning all the Cusinart and Ninja coffee makers in section 1 and 2 of Coffee B. To save my zone, I went over and asked which one he needed. Idiot was looking for a cheap Mr. Coffee machine in section 4. I don't know if the plan was to scan the entire aisle or what. I went straight to our fulfillment TL and asked what the fuck was up with that?

Or I see them randomly scanning labels on the gadget wall all the time. I was in fulfillment for over 2 years. That is not the way. That is so not the way. Almost makes me wish I was still a fulfillment pacesetter so I could yell at them.

They'll still need people to set VMGs and clean them up from time to time. Simple switch for me to just move over to specialty sales and do that. My VM would love it.

I’ll do this at times when I find things incorrectly pushed.

That drives me crazy. They always wreck the zone when they do that. A few days ago I saw a fulfillment TM picking up and scanning all the Cusinart and Ninja coffee makers in section 1 and 2 of Coffee B. To save my zone, I went over and asked which one he needed. Idiot was looking for a cheap Mr. Coffee machine in section 4. I don't know if the plan was to scan the entire aisle or what. I went straight to our fulfillment TL and asked what the fuck was up with that?

Or I see them randomly scanning labels on the gadget wall all the time. I was in fulfillment for over 2 years. That is not the way. That is so not the way. Almost makes me wish I was still a fulfillment pacesetter so I could yell at them.
Instead of yelling at them, show them how schematics work. I can't believe the number of people that are sent out to pick that have no idea how a planogram works or what the numbers on the screen actually mean.

Instead of yelling at them, show them how schematics work. I can't believe the number of people that are sent out to pick that have no idea how a planogram works or what the numbers on the screen actually mean.

That's the thing. I KNOW fulfillment is trained on schematics. Trained very well at that. I trained the current fulfillment trainer myself. She's excellent. And, I know she trains well as I've observed her doing it multiple times. She trains on schematics in my area.

My store just hires idiots who don't get it. (And, then, they fail out of fulfillment so they get moved to GM so they proceed to really fuck up the salesfloor and backroom.)

That's the thing. I KNOW fulfillment is trained on schematics. Trained very well at that. I trained the current fulfillment trainer myself. She's excellent. And, I know she trains well as I've observed her doing it multiple times. She trains on schematics in my area.

My store just hires idiots who don't get it. (And, then, they fail out of fulfillment so they get moved to GM so they proceed to really fuck up the salesfloor and backroom.)
I really feel like the majority of stores have huge issues with Fulfillment not being held accountable for creating messes for the rest of the store. They might have destroyed the zone, thrown trash all over the floor, and hit a guest with their cart, but at least their UPH is high!

Back