Specialty Sales to take over home and seasonal

The Reddit r/target moderator has confirmed this with his store leadership. Supposedly the announcement will be tomorrow.

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
Final details come today, it’s official on the schedule that’s posted next week so we have until next Thursday to have all the conversations with the team

Anyone want to take a stab of how this will affect the org charts? I feel since 2020 they (at least in my district) have yet to implement ETL-SS&SE at stores that transitioned from Low Volume to Base Volume. With this change I can see how it would work in a Base Volume store… but not in a Low Volume. I can’t imagine them to want to dump almost 1/2 of GM onto the SD

If your process is overnight I doubt that inbound are dbos. My store went back to overnight 1 etl and 2 Tl they don’t own salesfloor . Just unload & receiving .
There are TM at work in specific areas every shift. They don't unload just push. Would be nice if they had an ETL overnight but there are only the TLs and they only over lap one night.

I am a GM etl in a true overnight store and I can tell you I’m not responsible for the trailers. Obviously my team supports abs wraps up anything left over from the night but definitely not the main purpose of my gm team
How many people you have in gm?

Just go into Greenfield under Payroll RGD, Payroll Detail by Work Center and look at the hour allocations for the areas.

Inbound has very few hours compared to GM.

Our store there's about a 10:1 ratio (inbound:gm).

Are they in charge of setting too or is presentation still in charge of areas like seasonal? They can barely set the little section of infant hardlines they have.

I wonder how this will apply lower volume stores. At my store I'm in charge of inbound, fulfillment (we are not sfs) toys, domestics, Dec home, seasonal, sport and baby. The other GM TL is in charge of Chem, stationary, personal care, pets, otc, kitchen, storage & paper.

We only have one ETL that is in charge of GM/Food and my SD is over style, beauty, FOS and tech.

My SSTL has been pretty overwhelmed lately with all the excess freight and workload, if they have all this extra work piled on them they're going to be but a distant memory...
According to Reddit stores that have the SD overseeing SS instead of an SSETL these changes will not apply to them.

Are they in charge of setting too or is presentation still in charge of areas like seasonal? They can barely set the little section of infant hardlines they have.
They are in charge of setting. BTS will still be done by plano but everything else is supposed to be on specialty. It is still hard to say how itll work without really knowing how payroll allocation will change. I know in my store we are not going to just hand it over we will be doing it slowly since we actually have a brand new ssetl

They are in charge of setting. BTS will still be done by plano but everything else is supposed to be on specialty. It is still hard to say how itll work without really knowing how payroll allocation will change. I know in my store we are not going to just hand it over we will be doing it slowly since we actually have a brand new ssetl
Actually, specialty will take on everything except transition workload (revisions, SPLs and pricing immediately, then payroll for 141s will be allocated to SS in a couple months). Transition workload still falls into the gm bucket for the Plano team to complete.

We have a fairly new ssetl as well but will work with myself (etl-gm) and our sd pretty closely during the changes. Great communication and cooperative leadership will be the keys to success during this transition.

Actually, specialty will take on everything except transition workload (revisions, SPLs and pricing immediately, then payroll for 141s will be allocated to SS in a couple months). Transition workload still falls into the gm bucket for the Plano team to complete.

We have a fairly new ssetl as well but will work with myself (etl-gm) and our sd pretty closely during the changes. Great communication and cooperative leadership will be the keys to success during this transition.

So what happens in stores without plano teams? As a home DBO currently responsible for my own transitions I'm curious about that and will be peeved if they get taken away from me.

Maybe you’ll still be the home dbo and just be coded as specialty in the system.

I assume that's the plan, I'm certain. I just like doing my own transitions. It breaks up the monotony and makes sure things are set to my standards the first time instead of me having to fix POGs other TMs set, which happens everytime. I don't want a presentation expert doing them.

Honestly, with this new org chart my biggest concern is who will be my TL. I'd love to leave my current TL far, far, far behind in GM. (Nice enough guy. Rather useless and does nothing right when he does "help" though.) I'm nervous he'll just get recoded to SSTL. Supposed to find out some of this stuff tomorrow. We shall see.

So what happens in stores without plano teams? As a home DBO currently responsible for my own transitions I'm curious about that and will be peeved if they get taken away from me.
Are you responsible for the h&h and b-flat? That always drops under Plano which fall for the vm to set

Are you responsible for the h&h and b-flat? That always drops under Plano which fall for the vm to set

I'm the Kitchen DBO, but I also oversee stationary sets as we always don't either have a stationary DBO at all or someone brand new has been hired who doesn't know how to set yet. (Yes, I am extremely busy right about now with an insane amount of set workload to do in the next week and a half.) Our VM just does style and overhead signing.

I'm the Kitchen DBO, but I also oversee stationary sets as we always don't either have a stationary DBO at all or someone brand new has been hired who doesn't know how to set yet. (Yes, I am extremely busy right about now with an insane amount of set workload to do in the next week and a half.) Our VM just does style and overhead signing.
I get what you are saying but home inovation , hearth and hand and beds and bath via the vm is responsible for

If you don't have a Plano team then the responsibility will just shift over to specialty. Any DBOs in these areas will also be recorded as style consultants. That goes for anyone that pushes in B, C and D.

Honestly, with this new org chart my biggest concern is who will be my TL. I'd love to leave my current TL far, far, far behind in GM. (Nice enough guy. Rather useless and does nothing right when he does "help" though.) I'm nervous he'll just get recoded to SSTL. Supposed to find out some of this stuff tomorrow. We shall see.
How many gm TLs do you have? In stores with at least 3, 1 of them would change to a sstl.

Back