Archived Spider wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider wraps! How do you keep them untangled? We always wind them up, but some only tighten so much that it still gives room for others to get tangled in. Is there a better way to do it?

We have a bunch of command hooks hanging at the boat.
how does that look? If you ever get a chance picture?

Our AP team has started to take more proper care of spider wraps, tied them up and winded them up just perfectly and let them in a big bin by guest service.

The small ones I usually just wind up. Same thing for the regular/large size ones. The bigger (think TV, vacuums) ones I'll wind them up as tight as possible, take a end in each hand and loop it over itself to create a loose knot. Sorting them out by sizes helps a lot as well.

If your store will requesition it, one of those sterilite three-drawer organizers are good to keep the spiderwraps organized.

how does that look? If you ever get a chance picture?

Our AP team has started to take more proper care of spider wraps, tied them up and winded them up just perfectly and let them in a big bin by guest service.
Your AP team shouldn't be the ones having to take proper care of the spiderwraps. It should be your cashiers and electronics people. AP isn't the ones taking them off and tossing them under the register with the hangers. That's how you get a ball of spiderwraps.

We use rubber bands to keep the ones that won't completely close from getting tangled.

Short ones I just close tight with room to unlock. A space about the size of my hand. The large ones I tie a knot in the middle. They won't tangle with a knot already in them. (Science!) I also keep the long and short ones separated.

Large spider wraps: Wind 'em up as far as they go, then tie a simple knot in the remaining wire. Then get a ton of small plastic ziploc bags and store 1-3 in each.

Small spider wraps: Should mostly wind up all the way without a problem, but if there's remaining wire... tie a knot in it!

Your AP team shouldn't be the ones having to take proper care of the spiderwraps. It should be your cashiers and electronics people. AP isn't the ones taking them off and tossing them under the register with the hangers. That's how you get a ball of spiderwraps.

I second this. Frontlanes should know how to properly store spiderwrap -- an extra 10 seconds that a cashier spends in correctly winding and tying off a spiderwrap saves AP possibly HOURS of untangling.

Learned something new...no one ever told me
I should wind them up as a cashier.
Makes sense though!

One thing I must point out:

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not “hockey puck” the spiderwraps. By “hockey puck,” I mean clicking the two back pieces together and then winding it all the way shut thinking this will make them smaller and easier to store. It does not. It makes them ridiculously difficult to open again and your AP will hate you.

Instead, leave it open and wind it 95% of the way closed to allow a little movement of the back plate to unlock the dial in the center.

Your conscientiousness will be greatly appreciated by AP and whoever else does merch protect at your store.

Oh, yes this. I was using the tab on other spider wraps to unlock the wraps that were wound too tight. That was efficient.

Have a merchandise protection cart like every store was directed to do via REDwire in July? :)

It's really nice actually. Large wraps hang on hooks, small get wrapped up and put in bins. Spots for yellow tabs and liquor caps. Flow team actually uses it so that makes it automatically successful.

Have a merchandise protection cart like every store was directed to do via REDwire in July?

It's really nice actually. Large wraps hang on hooks, small get wrapped up and put in bins. Spots for yellow tabs and liquor caps. Flow team actually uses it so that makes it automatically successful

Man, to get that done, my store'd need like a solid 2-3 days of one TPS just working on sorting, untangling, labelling, and replacing merch pro, all shift long.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not “hockey puck” the spiderwraps. By “hockey puck,” I mean clicking the two back pieces together and then winding it all the way shut thinking this will make them smaller and easier to store. It does not. It makes them ridiculously difficult to open again and your AP will hate you.

Instead, leave it open and wind it 95% of the way closed to allow a little movement of the back plate to unlock the dial in the center.

YES. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE.

Have a merchandise protection cart like every store was directed to do via REDwire in July? :)

It's really nice actually. Large wraps hang on hooks, small get wrapped up and put in bins. Spots for yellow tabs and liquor caps. Flow team actually uses it so that makes it automatically successful.
i hate that cart with every fiber of my existence

It shouldn't be... I see tm's just throwing them left and right and it's annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back