Archived SR Merch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, my store just got a new Sr Merch. I'm unfamiliar with their role. Could you guys shine some light on what their role entiltles and when I should partner with them as a TL. Thank you!

Hi guys, my store just got a new Sr Merch. I'm unfamiliar with their role. Could you guys shine some light on what their role entiltles and when I should partner with them as a TL. Thank you!
Go for it & learn something new. I don't have one at my store.

Sr Merch is a SrETL position. From what I understand, a SrETL is basically on the STL bench. The position generally only exists in high-volume stores.

Sr Merch is a SrETL position. From what I understand, a SrETL is basically on the STL bench. The position generally only exists in high-volume stores.
So how should I partner with them if I need some sort of assistance? What can they do that a normal ETL can't?

We have one. ETL Softlines and ETL Hardlines report directly to them.. They are basically second in charge behind the STL.

So how should I partner with them if I need some sort of assistance? What can they do that a normal ETL can't?
Talk to them. Ask them if you can have a minute of their time. Sr Merch used to only exist at high volume Supers. They are basically an STL without the title/pay and they are your STL's right hand.

My question is what are you expecting from this relationship? Maybe a mentor/mentee partnership? This could help you grow and develop.

Talk to them. Ask them if you can have a minute of their time. Sr Merch used to only exist at high volume Supers. They are basically an STL without the title/pay and they are your STL's right hand.

My question is what are you expecting from this relationship? Maybe a mentor/mentee partnership? This could help you grow and develop.
I just thought that they had another role that most ETLs didn't that's why I wanted to know if I could ever involve them in my department.

I just thought that they had another role that most ETLs didn't that's why I wanted to know if I could ever involve them in my department.

They are basically the Senior ETL in GM. In the largest stores in our company there will be a Senior ETL Food and Senior ETL Merch. If the store has a Sr ETL Food there are at least 3 normal ETL-Foods in the store, and they all work opposite each other on a Food LOD schedule (so the entire Grocery store works independently with its own LOD), and then the Senior Merch is just there for the rest of the store and is the second to the STL in that manner.

They are basically the Senior ETL in GM. In the largest stores in our company there will be a Senior ETL Food and Senior ETL Merch. If the store has a Sr ETL Food there are at least 3 normal ETL-Foods in the store, and they all work opposite each other on a Food LOD schedule (so the entire Grocery store works independently with its own LOD), and then the Senior Merch is just there for the rest of the store and is the second to the STL in that manner.
So when should they be used as a resource? I know it sounds a little mean saying "resource" but I mean it with all respect.

So when should they be used as a resource? I know it sounds a little mean saying "resource" but I mean it with all respect.

If you want to get ahead in target, or life in general, you need to align yourself with people who can help you grow.

The bset thing you can do is just go ask them if they're interested in some type of mentoring relationship, and you can ask them for help or an opinion for basically anything.

They weren't always a Sr merch, I'd be shocked if they hadn't run most departments in the store, making them a fountain of information.

Of course, they could also be a moron, but you'd have to judge that for yourself before asking.

If you want to get ahead in target, or life in general, you need to align yourself with people who can help you grow.

The bset thing you can do is just go ask them if they're interested in some type of mentoring relationship, and you can ask them for help or an opinion for basically anything.

They weren't always a Sr merch, I'd be shocked if they hadn't run most departments in the store, making them a fountain of information.

Of course, they could also be a moron, but you'd have to judge that for yourself before asking.

Its just another layer. I will say you should utilize your Senior Merch more than you utilize your STL, but less than you utilize your own ETL....

Damn that is some complex shit right there

Those stores sound fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back