Archived New Sr HRTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllusiveMan

Sr TL of HR
Hey Guys,

I am new to Target and start this Monday, I am coming from Home Depot as a Service Desk Supervisor which means I handled our buy online pickup in store team as well as some front end stuff.

I was hired by Target in what I presume to me a low volume store as the HR Senior Team Leader as there is no ETL-HR at my store. I was the backup scheduler at Depot so I have some HR experience.

Any insight or tips would be appreciated, I've been reading about the overhaul where there are no more Sr. TL's so if anyone knows what happens to the HR TL I'd appreciate it too.

HR will always be needed to an extant so I wouldn't be worried about the job security personally. I think title changing is the only big deal. Right now we have a lot of changes happening and no one really has all the answers. The best advice I can give is buckle up and be welcome to change because the next 2 years are going to be a doozie. Anyone that can't keep up is going to be left behind that's pretty much the direction we've been given.

Our etlhr has done lod and continues to. They enjoy the chance to be on the floor usually and have always said so.

Make sure you have a solid HRTM who can do alot of your work for you since your expected to LOD at least once a week. Just learn the business and your store but expect to be the go to person for any schedule issues, LOA and people quitting.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advise. First week of training is done, I have one more week at my training store before heading back to my home store.

The HR training seems to be easy enough to figure out though some of the reports are more in depth. The LOD training looks to be the longest and the only part I'm somewhat nervous about. Don't want to lock anyone in the building if I'm closing for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back