Archived Sr TL demote

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PM2NO

After talks with my leaders, I had a discussion about demoting as I was asked if the position I was in was something I still wanted to do. I'm not really at that stage of being performanced out but I feel like it was heading to that direction and want to take a lower position so I'm not completely out of a job. But let's say a store or district didn't have a lower position available or just didn't think I was a fit for that other position, would Target offer a severance in that situation because they didn't have a position available for someone willing to stay but company said no?

would Target offer a severance in that situation because they didn't have a position available for someone willing to stay but company said no?

I can't imagine they wouldn't let you demote unless you are completely negligent. You may have to settle for a team member position. We have a former flow TL at my store whose old store wouldn't take him back after a personal loa.

Prior to e2e our store allowed zero voluntary demotions even with a transfer to another store. Now, they'll allow it but only with a transfer. As far as severance if you can't transfer and they let you go: I imagine it would be different based on your length of tenure and which state you are in. A few states have laws regarding this. Best thing would be to have an honest open discussion with your STL or HR lead. It's always better to be completely up front and you come out looking better in the long run for your frankness, professionalism and honesty.

Edit: my bad - I now see you indicated you had the discussion.

The only time I have seen severance offered is when a store is closing and the amount offered is very small.In recent years it has become very difficult to self demote but as with all things Target it depends on who you are and how much they like you.There are obviously lower positions available but it is always be difficult to overcome expectations that you can do so much more.

My HR was telling me it's a difficult process for demotion. And basically the positions they were offering me and the pay scale it would be more beneficial to just leave the company and start anew somewhere else where the chance to promote again is higher. Right now they aren't forcing me out of my position but as of late a lot of bad things have been happening that I feel like they could let me go any day

My pptl demoted due to head count. She didn't have to leave her position or store, just take the pay cut and have even less respect from her peers.

. Right now they aren't forcing me out of my position but as of late a lot of bad things have been happening that I feel like they could let me go any day

Hang in there. At this point it's easy to check out thinking "I am on my way out anyways" but how you work from here on out will affect how much they are willing to accommodate your next step. Does that make sense?

For sure. I think cooler heads have prevailed after some crazy months. I'm a well liked person and I made my far share of mistakes in the last couple months. I'm fortunate to live in an area that has a bunch of stores so opportunities exist. I'm trying to give them a good attitude and own up to the mistakes and I think that's why they are willing to work with me

It will honestly depend on your HRBP approval for a demotion. If it were in response to a headcount change, it would get approved. If it's simply for personal reasons, then it will be a bit more difficult as it depends on how strict they are. If it is requested for education as an example, it is more likely to be approved without much thought. Also if you are on a CA it is supposed to be denied as this would be considered a transfer in workcenters.

So my demotion is finalized. I thought for awhile I was going to be able to stay but then the game started up again. I'm not really too happy where they are placing me but I was tired of the game so I just picked something and moving on. It took nearly 6 weeks to get to this point and another month just to change over because my position is not easily replaceable. They were pushing it so bad but honestly I think the store trying to push me out will regret it. I see myself as being able to bounce back. I have enough experience to be able to market myself elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back