Archived Sr. TLs as LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSAhole

Former GSA
So Ive wondered for a while...I've noticed, judging from the posts on here and from talk elsewhere, that it is standard for a Sr. TL to run an LOD shift. However, at my store, we have 4 Sr. TL's and only one of them does LOD shifts. Is anyone else's store like this, where Sr.TLs are never LOD? And what is the point of a Sr. If they're not helping out with LOD shifts? Just been curious on this subject for a while.

It sounds like your store may be heavy in lods somewhere. At least that is what happened at my store when a sr only had lod shifts. Also when the stl has had nequipment srs just be lod to start. I will say that there is a sr at my store right now that has no lod shifts and it pisses me of because the rest of us have to pick up their shifts. Must be nice to be a sr and only work in your work center all the time!

It sounds like your store may be heavy in lods somewhere. At least that is what happened at my store when a sr only had lod shifts. Also when the stl has had nequipment srs just be lod to start. I will say that there is a sr at my store right now that has no lod shifts and it pisses me of because the rest of us have to pick up their shifts. Must be nice to be a sr and only work in your work center all the time!

Its hard for me to say if we are heavy in lods(i mean obviously we are, if they dont utilize the sr's, i guess)...but we have 6 etls...etl-sf, etl-ap, etl-log, etl-food, etl-ge, and etl-hr (who is actually only lod once every couple weeks it seems). Our STL is never LOD either.

I thought it was a little strange. Why would they pay extra to the seniors, and then not have them perform the duties they are being paid extra for? Due to the fact this is target, and they're cheap ass bastards in the first place, is why i really dont understand this.

Our STL was the closing LOD last night. I had to make sure that everyone was on their best behavior haha.

We have two seniors and they both run LOD shifts. Usually they have the mid-LOD shift or they close with an ETL. Every once in a blue moon they'll close alone but they hardly ever have an opening LOD shift.

Having them as LOD eats up payroll. Because then you have to have 8+ hours for the LOD shift plus coverage hours for their work center. If they are just in their work center, then it's just the hours for their work center.

my store only has 1 Sr.TL. He only does opening and mid LOD shifts. It might be because they don't want a non exempt closing? Not sure.

We have two Sr. Team Leads, and both do LOD shifts at least once a week. The softlines srtl usually does opening LOD shifts, while the consumables TL usually does closing, though occasionally he'll open.
Our STL is LOD frequently as well.

We have....

STL
ETL AP
ETL HR
SR ETL Merch
ETL Salesfloor Ops (Food)
ETL Hardlines
ETL Softlines
ETL GE
Senior TLs (Softlines, Hardlines, GSTL)

Every LOD has one close a week. However almost never do they have to work a full LOD shift. I know we have a lot more coverage than most stores. STL, HR and AP almost always have a senior with them on their close.

Then we also have ETL Log and ETL Replenishment for overnight.

Last edited:
I have between 2-3 LOD shifts a week as a Sr PPTL. Take this week for example -I closed Thursday which is my weekly closing night (by myself, I never close with an ETL), I closed again on Friday night, and I worked as the mid today. On weeks where payroll is tight the ETL's will take some of our LOD shifts and we will just work in our workcenters but that doesn't happen that often.

Normal weeks I have 2 LOD shifts - my closing night and then whatever weekend shift I get open, mid, or close.

Are you sure all 4 are Sr. TLs?

I used to assume the BRTL was a Sr. because he was a keyholder.

We have 5 Sr.TLs. 1 Flow, 1 Grocery, 1 Meat/Produce, 1 Sales Floor, and 1 POG. Only the Sales floor and POG TLs has LOD shifts. SF has 3 to 4 per week and POG has 1 per week, usually Friday mid. Flow is just a key carrier and both food TL never had/will LOD shifts as they deal with high grossing areas in our store and also there is so much to do with Steritech, FIFO, vendors etc.

We have one micro managing douche bag sr TL in hardlines who helps an ETL on their LOD shift. Worst shift possible when he's at the helm.

We have one micro managing douche bag sr TL in hardlines who helps an ETL on their LOD shift. Worst shift possible when he's at the helm.

Helps an ETL? When I am LOD I am the LOD. I run the store, check on all teams, deal with guest issues, help out where needed, and try to get some of my crap done too. How are there SrTL's out there not doing LOD shifts or just helping? Damn I must be in the wrong store...

I think regular Flow TL's can be keyholders as well, doesn't need to be SR
Correct, our non-Sr POG TL was almost made a key carrier because the Flow TL was late all the time. I think it comes with an extra 2 dollars/hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back