Archived Star Wars Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..after having a bunch of street dated toys hit the floor today, the sales floor TL explained the problem to me:

First, with toys, the stuff is already on planogram. Second, only about 3/4 of the boxes we are getting in have the street date stickers on them. So...if it's on planogram and doesn't have a street date sticker on the case, then flow has no reason not to push it. And thus we end up with it on the floor and in guests' carts. Because, you know, we don't have enough problems without them not getting it right on the supply side.

Rule should be anything star wars - YOU FUCKING SCAN IT WITH A MyDevice or PDA.!!!!

guess ill have to take a basket of the different ones and scan them at a closed register... if thats allowed? im not really sure haha obviously im not going to buy them... just want to make sure. probably run it past ap first
Used to be you had to scan an item at a register or a guest scanner to see if something was hard-locked. Now if you scan an item with the MyDevice it shows the street date if it has one. Made my life a lot simpler when I was setting MMB as some New Releases set in multiple locs that you might set early, unaware that they included hard-locked DPCIs.

Oh good, neither my store store or any nearby are doing the midnight event. Closest one participating is about 100 miles away! Hooray?

I am flow and a few boxes escaped the line (we are holding everything on a pallet not back stocking). I had a bunch of sleep wear. Put it on a z with a note to not push it out. The hl tl saw it and thanked me saying I was 1 of a few that was paying attention.

If it's got a street-date label, don't push it.
If it's set for a future POG in (where-ever your store is putting things), don't push it.
If the pick-label says star wars at all, probably don't push it.

Not that bloody hard people. I'll find at least a few boxes that escaped every time I go out.

My store is doing the event. Luckily, it's outside my availability (thanks, other job!).

My store is not doing it. The nearest one that's participating is already open until midnight during the week, so they are just staying open until 2am for the release day.

I'm more than a little bit excited about it.

... mostly cause I wanna buy the stuff that's coming out.

My store isn't doing the midnight event thankfully. As much as I am a Star Wars fan, not sure I'd want the hassle. I am getting to do the Saturday event though.

My store is doing an event and I'm actually kinda bummed I'm not working that day. Does anyone know if all this product will be replenished after the event or are certain items just for this event? If it is stuff that is just going to be filled up again I'm not going to make the trip.

My store is doing an event and I'm actually kinda bummed I'm not working that day. Does anyone know if all this product will be replenished after the event or are certain items just for this event? If it is stuff that is just going to be filled up again I'm not going to make the trip.

There are a couple NCF items, but most will be replenished.

If it's got a street-date label, don't push it.
If it's set for a future POG in (where-ever your store is putting things), don't push it.
If the pick-label says star wars at all, probably don't push it.

Not that bloody hard people. I'll find at least a few boxes that escaped every time I go out.
But what if the shelves are looking a little empty and we need to make sales today? I'll even print labels instead of flexing to the price points...

But what if the shelves are looking a little empty and we need to make sales today? I'll even print labels instead of flexing to the price points...

This ain't P-Fresh Kid.

My store isn't doing the midnight opening, but I'm not even scheduled for Friday this week so I wonder who will be doing all the signing for it.

edit- are the aisles being set on Thursday? Just looked at the poster and it said there would be 'demo's usable that day, maybe that is when the signing goes up.

Last edited:

You can make an end cap of star wars stuff, if its street dated - the item can't be scanned through POS.. Unless you make a DCPI up for it..

We are clearing space Thursday and Friday morning setting it empty then blocking off the isles in mini, they will get pushed late Friday evening. No guests allowed in mini until midnight. Last I was told for my store anyways.

Retail Girl - I know I pulled a bunch of little SW toys, Slave1, Tie Fighters that we have had, I think we are getting new assortments for that DCPI so when the street dated them, the older ones got caught up in the lock up.

Last edited:
Ok. This has just gotten ridiculous. We now have stuff street dated for Star Wars that we were already selling! We had to pull one item from toys (that we last sold a couple of weeks ago and have had all summer) because it is now hard locked. I mean, really?
Saw this the other day. Guessing it's so the replenishment won't deplete before the set. Full and impactful...

But we're doing an overnight! Not a midnight store though. :-(

You can make an end cap of star wars stuff, if its street dated - the item can't be scanned through POS.. Unless you make a DCPI up for it..

We are clearing space Thursday and Friday morning setting it empty then blocking off the isles in mini, they will get pushed late Friday evening. No guests allowed in mini until midnight. Last I was told for my store anyways.

Retail Girl - I know I pulled a bunch of little SW toys, Slave1, Tie Fighters that we have had, I think we are getting new assortments for that DCPI so when the street dated them, the older ones got caught up in the lock up.

These aren't small assortment toys. These are two foot tall (approximately) storm troopers.

These aren't small assortment toys. These are two foot tall (approximately) storm troopers.

Is one of them a red and white shock trooper? Cause we had those last year and clearanced them out month's ago. I think I got mine on clearance. I use them as guards for my Xmas tree. Nutcrackers, screw that Shock troopers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back