Archived Starbucks and Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happened at our store, the whole team would probably walk.
Our TLs are well-liked, particularly our SBTL; he keeps us coming back day after day.

So I talked to the ETL-ge and asked if our starbucks team is being recognized. She says they are, all the time. So I don't know why this particular girl says she isn't. She certainly seems to be a good worker and not a complainer. I guess I'll drop it for now. Went there today for a drink and they had samples of mocha salted caramel. It was gooood!

Do they know they are being recognized? If it's brought up and meetings and huddles they never attend, it's the same as not being recognized in their eyes.

During a post-BTS chat, our ETL-HR asked what would make us feel appreciated.
We said "Being treated like equals instead of peons."
She asked me to clarify.
I mentioned how TMs/TLs/ETLs will come over demanding a cup of ice water without so much as a please or thank you; TLs stopping by while we're doing take-down & order up trays of samples for the evening huddle completely oblivious to the fact that WE have tasks to finish, too; sending cashiers over for a free drink for getting a red card & said cashier attempts to cut the line past guests (one actually leaned into my prep area waving a vibe card in a my face while telling me what she wanted - I pointed out the line of 'paying' guests & said she'd have to wait until THEY were served!).
I told her that, if TMs would ASK if we have time to do XXX (sometimes the answer is no but check back later) we'd be more willing to do things; if TMs could observe common courtesy it could go a long way. As it is, they're not only as rude as some guests - sometimes they're worse.

I wish our ETL-HR or even the STL would allow us to have a meeting with our team so we could let them know how we feel. It would really make our day.

A while back, the GSTLs/GSAs were authorized to give away an occasional SB drink when trying to drum up redcards.
It worked so well that leadership has allowed it to increase so we now have TMs coming up with free drink cards several times a day yet we're NEVER recognized so we make free drinks for everyone else but we don't get to partake in the reward.
Our SBTL is great, tho. He always tried to do things exclusively for the FA/SB team & is quick on his feet when there's a chance to showcase our store. When we had a power outage after a storm, the generators had kicked on & everyone was having to wait for the registers to boot up. He made up trays & trays of drink samples & sent 2 of us down the checklanes to pass them out to waiting guests. The FATL filled small cups of popcorn & handed them out to restless kids.
Did leadership acknowledge it? Nope.
that's on your tl, not store/target. leaders are given ways to recognize their workers. we usually use starbucks/cafe because its ~5 dollars and other recognition is more expensive.

>>So I talked to the ETL-ge and asked if our starbucks team is being recognized. She says they are, all the time. So I don't know why this particular girl says she isn't.<<

Did you ask or find out just how they're being recognized?

The recognition issue, if we don't have guests in line we must not be busy concept, and the other issues sound very familiar. One of my favorites is that we're expected to back up on registers when there are two or more of us yet if we get slammed, even if we're alone, it's almost impossible to get someone to run our register, wipe tables, or sweep up the popcorn. Cashiers will lean on their registers or counters, texting whoever, and we can't get one of them to wipe a table. Now that pisses me off to no end. Yank that phone from that girl's hand and send her carcass to SB for five minutes! She doesn't have to be trained and certified to sweep popcorn and pick napkins from the floor!

I work my butt off for Target, SB, and my TL in particular. I've gotten a couple of free drinks and a few thank yous but rarely does a thank you come from anyone but my TL and even that is a seldom seen thing. Fortunately, I don't work for the recognition. Yes, it would be nice but it isn't my primary motivation.

I don't know about Spot in general but at my store it's all par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back