Archived Starbucks AST Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Starbucks TL told me that my STL wants me to be AST certified and I'll be going to another store for a whole week for this training. Can someone explain to me what AST is exactly and what I'll be learning as well as my new responsibilities once certified? My TL did mention to me that she will be statusing with our STL to try and get me a raise once I'm certified which is pretty awesome of her even if I don't receive it. Thanks in advance :)

AST is Starbucks training for baristas AND management. It's basically the gold standard in terms of in-depth training.
You'll basically learn the zen of the various coffees & teas, how to make that 'perfect' latte, guest experience expectations, how to train your staff to SB standards.
You will live, eat & breathe coffee for a week. Of course, I could think of FAR worse things to experience.

Tip: don't do hot & cold samplings back to back - upsets the stomach.

AST is Starbucks training for baristas AND management. It's basically the gold standard in terms of in-depth training.
You'll basically learn the zen of the various coffees & teas, how to make that 'perfect' latte, guest experience expectations, how to train your staff to SB standards.
You will live, eat & breathe coffee for a week. Of course, I could think of FAR worse things to experience.

Tip: don't do hot & cold samplings back to back - upsets the stomach.
So am I basically learning the responsibilities of a SBTL?

Not so much TL as SB.
If anything, you will be certified to train other baristas (a la "team trainer" for SB).
They used to give out a pin once you were certified (I still have mine :)) but it's mainly for Starbucks standards, a lot better than spot's 'training'.
A good team lead spreads the daily workings around so that anyone can pick up the slack when the TL isn't there. Being able to take questions in a Steritech visit, prepping/scanning the weekly order, setting up Siren's Eye displays/promos, inventory, maintaining equipment, etc. Sounds like your SBTL is a good one.

Not so much TL as SB.
If anything, you will be certified to train other baristas (a la "team trainer" for SB).
They used to give out a pin once you were certified (I still have mine :)) but it's mainly for Starbucks standards, a lot better than spot's 'training'.
A good team lead spreads the daily workings around so that anyone can pick up the slack when the TL isn't there. Being able to take questions in a Steritech visit, prepping/scanning the weekly order, setting up Siren's Eye displays/promos, inventory, maintaining equipment, etc. Sounds like your SBTL is a good one.
Okay interesting. I already know how to do the order and I do it from time to time when she isn't there. I just wasn't exactly sure what this training was for and what would be expected of me once certified. My SBTL is great, she's really taught me and the rest of us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back