Starbucks closing 400 stores

Any insider info as to the possibility of Bux pulling out of Targets? I'm not a fan of Bux coffee but it is a draw. McDonalds coffee is much better.

I don’t have any official information regarding leaving Targets. But Target licenses the Starbucks brand and products. Starbucks doesn’t own the space within the store, Target does, that’s why Tarbux TMs are employed by Target. Therefore, Tarbux is just more money for Starbucks because Target continually buys product and pays licensing fees.

Franchise fees, guaranteed minimum royalties, purchase from approved suppliers (Sbux). Any metrics available? % of customers across the board all demographics who buy something? Average expenditure per visit?

There's a Starbucks by my house that was planning to close pre-covid and it was because it does more business than the building they are in can handle. So they planned to move it but I'm sure its going to be awhile

Starbucks closes stores all the time. It's how they operate. They put more stores in an area than needed for the amount of customers. That makes it so that every coffee shop in the area is less profitable than it would otherwise would be. Starbucks can take the hit of having stores make less money. Smaller competitors can't. Once the competitors close, Starbucks reevaluates and closes any "extra" stores. That's just what they do.

Starbucks closes stores all the time. It's how they operate. They put more stores in an area than needed for the amount of customers. That makes it so that every coffee shop in the area is less profitable than it would otherwise would be.

So what's Subway's excuse? 😃

Starbucks is moving towards a To-Go/Order Pick-Up model for newer stores. Target all about To-Go, so if anything. Starbucks is making their stores more like a Tarbux 😅

I'd love to see our dining area go away.
Can't count the number of times people conducted job interviews, performance reviews, set up their laptops mooching free wifi for hours (after buying a small coffee & nothing else), bringing in kids with outside food to sit down at our tables while mom shopped (& leaving a huge mess).

Back