Archived Starbucks/FA TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know how rumors fly through our stores. One going through ours right now is that our Starbucks TL is stepping down and there will be a combined Starbucks, Food Avenue TL. Our food avenue TL has not really been around for about a month and nobody can explain it (and there are usually 20 reasons)...so I am wondering if this particular rumor is true and they are just going to start fresh.

Any other stores have a combo TL?

I'd heard something of that nature but it was for low-vol stores.
We're high-vol & still have both our TLs.

It's to my understanding that the contract between Starbucks and spot clearly states that there is to be a seperate team leader for Starbucks and that there is to be no combination of food ave/Starbucks regardless of store volume.

We are ULV and the Starbucks TL used to do both but now just does Sbux and then we have someone just for Food Ave. Seems like a total waste since our Food Ave hardly generates any money

Seems like maybe that's what the FSA position was created for; a GSA type for FA on the cheap while Starbucks maintains their own TL. Who knows!

I have a friend that is FA/SB-TL. But most of her time she is in Food Ave.

She actually has SBTMs leaving her to go work the standalone SB down the road from her store, and they are getting paid $3 more an hour.

I heard rumors of a Food Services Brand TM.

We have a Starbucks TL and our FA TL does both Pizza Hut and Jamba Juice. We haven't had a separate TL for Jamba since 3 or 4 years (or more) now.

thanks for the responses!!

I know that we lost a volume each of the last two years, but we are not down to ULV as far as I know. When Food Avenue was open (the TL's hours have not really been covered) all of the time it brought in decent money. Our Starbucks has been run in to the red with this TL....so I think that a combo might work decently. Especially if there is one person who does the ordering.

Sad to say when I first saw this thread in What's New I read it as Starbucks/FA IL.
We don't have a Starbucks but were told we should be glad because it always increase labor because it always had to be manned at a certain level and they couldn't cut corners like they do with FA.
I guess because of a contract with Starbucks.
Is this true or just BS?

No, it's true that they get better coverage over there and frequent visits from a district manager, who is MUCH more picky about keeping things Starbucks brand than Target is about keeping things Target brand.

Just to parrot, we have a combo TL. They spend ~100% of their time is Starbucks though. FA is manned by a TM from 8-8. Whether they're split is based more upon sales in that area rather than store size.

Just to parrot, we have a combo TL. They spend ~100% of their time is Starbucks though. FA is manned by a TM from 8-8. Whether they're split is based more upon sales in that area rather than store size.

if that part is true that makes sense that we may go to combo because of the starbucks tl running it into the ground....hard to make money when you have to double cup everything because you don't have sleeves 3 out of 4 weeks in a month. Or the ingredients to make any of the seasonal drinks.

the FA tl is great but I am really worried about them....who knows maybe they are off being trained in secret for the combo position.

We have separate TLs but a lot of our TMs are cross-trained for FA & SB so they can pick up hrs more easily.
Easier to make schedules, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back