Archived Starbucks Fraud Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in (a very high volume) Starbucks, I was working register, my FSA was working order support, and my TL was working the oven. So I look over and see this couple talking to my TL and they look like they're asking for something. Turns out they want a refund for 2 coffees and 2 Sausage Sandwhiches and that a manager on the phone told them they could do this. He's new to our store so he just told them to wait in line and that they could take care of the refund at the register. When they get there, my FSA asks them if they have a receipt and they say no. She then informs them of our policy that if you don't have a receipt or the name of the ETL you spoke to on the phone (that second part is stupid but oh well) that all we can do is make you the thing that you wanted a refund for or load up a starbucks card withe value of the refund. They said that there's no Starbucks where they're going so anstarbucks card will be useless to them. The FSA started pushing back when my team lead came back over and offered to call the LOD. He got those two out of the line and out of Starbucks and brought them to the LOD, who then gave them the refund "just to get rid of them." My FSA was shaking she was so pissed. And I'm pissed to. Oh well.

Reactions from LODs can depend on their STL and DTL. If they will support you in making a common sense decision then politely tell the guest to go F themselves. And by that I mean tell them the policy and don't give in. However, if you're at risk of getting an ass reaming by making a common sense decision then don't make it. Give the guest what they want and move on. Why risk your income over $12?

Some leaders will support you, others drink the kool-aid too hard to make common sense decisions for themselves. Just depends on your leadership.

When I was at FA, this older lady would come by & tell whomever on duty that she bought a pretzel for her little grandbaby the other day & it was stale. She then says that she called & talked to a manager who said she could come in & 'get one for free'.
I asked her who she spoke to & she said 'Ralph' (name changed). I asked her if she was sure & she said oh, yes...it was Ralph.
I told her we didn't have a manager named Ralph, that it must've been another store. She meandered off.
I also love it when I'm ringing up SB drinks with add-ons & the guest says "Oh, you're not supposed to charge for XX. I was a barista for X yrs!"
Guess ya missed the updates then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back