Archived Starbucks Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, fairly new SBTL here. Hoping someone could shed some insight into how your store has the Starbucks team scheduled weekly so that I could maybe start applying good strategies into my scheduling routines. We are a low volume store, with what seems to be a corresponding low amount of allotted hours... But so far it seems like we are constantly being stretched thin, with no time to be able to do things like break down pallets in the back or any training. Stressful! Is this normal? :/

In my store that's normal.
We're A vol & our typical day is:
opener 7:45-3 (4pm if there's no mid)
mid 10-5
closer 4-9:15pm
Weekends we might have a little more overlap. Some weekdays we don't have a mid so breaks & lunches would be covered by FA .
Most of our team is cross-trained so they can pick up shifts more easily during lean times (like now). We were lucky that many of FATMs were willing to be trained without the SB bump-up; it just guarantees them more hrs during scheduling crunches.

That's normal. Most stores get enough to have single coverage all day on the weekdays and some double coverage on the weekends and possibly some training. Some stores don't even get that. Breaking down a pallet is essential for the workcenter to function, so it's one of the few times that you really need to sacrifice time with guests. I HATE seeing guests waiting in line for a long time, but you won't have drinks to sell them if you can't get the ingredients in. The new organization/labeling that they want us to do will end up saving a lot of time when doing the order, although most stores won't have enough time to set it all up in the first place.

The point is, you have to make time. You won't get much help from the rest of the store because they don't have enough hours to get their own stuff done, let alone help you with stuff they don't even know how to do. It's hard and you will never have enough time to do everything, but you'll get better at it. You can get your team to help with some of it, too.

Our SBTL makes sure there's a mid on pallet days & yeh, there's a line but guests can wait.
What's fun is when guests say "You need to hire more people!"
I tell them we have plenty of people; it's payroll we don't have enough of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back