Archived Starbucks, SL, Beauty and GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a girl in my store that has hours in all 4 positions, I thought this wasnt allowed.

It's allowed. I do a&a sb and cashier rn but I'm trying to be a little more global and learn service desk, electronics, and wherever else they let me in. You technically can't work a shift in a workcenter that's above your pay grade, but you can work in a workcenter that is below it.

Edit: whoops. sb, not sl lol.

Last edited:
Honestly depends on your leaders. At my store our nitwits will only allow ACE centers to crosstrain in thos centers. Everyone else is sol cauze they are more interested in external hiring for those positions. My etl even told us that she wanted new people for the new process and she is aiming to move all tms tbat have been with the store over 5yrs to caahier or hardlines.

Now another store in my district is completely opposite and highly encourage current tms to cross train to avoid hiring needs. Its all asants and all based on bow your leaders play the game

I get beauty, A&A, electronics, hardlines, and cashier shifts because I’ve been around long enough to be trained on all of them and I don’t call out unless something really serious happens. My store knows I get stuff done and am willing to plug the hiring holes.

You technically can't work a shift in a workcenter that's above your pay grade, but you can work in a workcenter that is below it.
I don’t think this is true, you can, but I just don’t think you get paid the higher pay grade. My work center is Hardlines and I had shifts in Electronics for a constant month or two while they hired more people..

Agreeded^ i've seen hardlines TM's scheduled in electronics.

I just didn't know, or ever saw you can be scheduled as GSA and other departments on the sales floor.

Definitely allowed.
I've had hours in three or four separate workcenters on one week before. God I miss the days when I was JUST one workcenter... the good ol days!

Reactions: Dog
I’ve been scheduled for 4 different ones in a week so I hope it’s allowed ;)

I don’t think this is true, you can, but I just don’t think you get paid the higher pay grade. My work center is Hardlines and I had shifts in Electronics for a constant month or two while they hired more people..

Sorry, I missed a piece of info. You arent supposed to go above a certain percentage of your hours in a higher pay grade workcenter. Because at some point you'll start (rightfully) complaining about not getting the 50¢ the other guys are getting. I got my info through a grapevine though so some bits might be missing..

Im not jealous... I was just wondering because I have asked to be trained in other areas but was told that it was not allowed.. Just trying to get more hours.

Im not jealous... I was just wondering because I have asked to be trained in other areas but was told that it was not allowed.. Just trying to get more hours.

15 responses, all weighing in with different opinions, and you only mention whether or not you're jealous? Hmm, I think you might be, if it struck a cord, even though it was mostly tongue in cheek. Regardless, ask again to be cross trained. Or ask someone else. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back