Archived Start tomorrow on outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck in your new position. We had one TM transfer from a DC to our store several years ago. Had some interesting stories to tell about the process.

Outbound sucks and you will probably hate it. Blunt, but it's the truth.

There are specialized jobs in OB that will get you out of the lanes, but they seem to be awarded based on 75% seniority and 25% ass kissing. Transfers to other departments are 100% seniority based, so as the new guy you have a long wait.

Be very careful during the first 90 days. Spot will fire you for anything and everything. Do your best, be safe and don't complain about anything.

After 90 days you can be miserable and hate your job as much as you want, just like the rest of us.

I started in OB too, a long, long time ago.

Actually I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be (mind you I'm only a week in). Yes I work but well that's what a job is for. Maybe it's the people I work with that make the job bearable.

Seems to be a lot of turn over. My plan is to go in everyday, work hard and not complain. Hopefully when a chance to transfer opens up they'll look back on that loyalty and reward me.

Actually I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be (mind you I'm only a week in). Yes I work but well that's what a job is for. Maybe it's the people I work with that make the job bearable.

Seems to be a lot of turn over. My plan is to go in everyday, work hard and not complain. Hopefully when a chance to transfer opens up they'll look back on that loyalty and reward me.

You can't do any better than that! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back