Archived Starting to get fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original post could have been posted by me. Why do I work at target? Because after 3 yes unemployed...they called. They hired. I tell people, "I make a little more than I did when I wasn't working, but now I have health insurance.

I've never worked for Starbucks but I've hated every food service job I've ever had.

As annoying as customers can be in general they are ten times worse in food services.

But hey, that could just be me.

I have a bunch of friends who have worked in all different food service establishments. The baristas and host/hostesses seemed to like their jobs a lot more than the burger flippers and taco rollers.

I have a bunch of friends who have worked in all different food service establishments. The baristas and host/hostesses seemed to like their jobs a lot more than the burger flippers and taco rollers.

Yeah, but I'm actually the opposite.

I don't really mind working back of the house.

I'm not saying it would be my first choice for a job but to me, it's not THAT bad.

It's dealing with customers in food services where I end up wanting to strangle one of them.

Something else that you get in delis is the first of the month food stamp crap.

You wouldn't have that at somewhere like Starbucks, but in delis you get crap like they want a foot long roast beef but on half of it they want mayo lettuce and tomato and on the other half they just want mustard. They want provolone on one half and cheddar on the other half and they don't want it cold in the middle like it was the last time they came back and complained but they also don't want it soggy like it was the time before that they came back and complained.

I PROMISE you I'm not making that up. It's something I've personally experienced.

Another one would be, they can't use food stamps to buy something that is presented hot.

They can say, order a cold sandwich and have it toasted, but they can't get hot dogs, chili, soup, etc.

That is a DAILY argument.

My last job, my district manager was a former district manager for a Burger King franchise.

Long story short, he happened to be in one of their Burger Kings when they had a customer that nobody could please.

This was escalated from the shift leader to the manager and then the district manager got involved.

He told me he finally got so fed up with this customer that he took her over to the window, pointed across the street at McDonald's and told her, since we can't seem to please you, why don't you go see if they can.

I know what you mean, man. It's the customers that make those jobs so s****y, especially in fast food. It really depends on the clientele, though. My friend who worked at Starbucks was near a college campus, so she liked most of the people she dealt with (mostly college students and 'artsy' types). I don't know anyone who has ever enjoyed working at BK or Mickey D's though.

Original post could have been posted by me. Why do I work at target? Because after 3 yes unemployed...they called. They hired. I tell people, "I make a little more than I did when I wasn't working, but now I have health insurance.
And a job! Welcome, btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back