Archived Status with STL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Spot leader, but I've had similar sorts of meetings when new managers come in. In my experience, the new manager typically is looking to build relationships with the existing team, get an idea of what they're walking into, and come up with ideas to improve what's not working and promote things that are.

Think outside of box. Drive sales & motivate your team.
Think ahead when you see fast moving products sitting in back, like water, notebook paper, charcoal, cat litter, etc. put them all out on endcap or aisle(with approval).

Head to Workday and create a talent profile. Put on a nice professional picture. This will show her that you are serious about development, and will help you stand out. Don't lay blame. Have possible solutions to problems. You can also ask her what has worked for her in the past. "We can't seem to get a handle on Ship to Store, and we are letting our guests down. Do you have any insight or experience you can share? or How did that process work at your previous store?"
It isn't an interview or test, but you do want to make a good impression. Also at most stores, I think STL takes over the front end as part of the new OM.

Head to Workday and create a talent profile. Put on a nice professional picture. This will show her that you are serious about development, and will help you stand out. Don't lay blame. Have possible solutions to problems. You can also ask her what has worked for her in the past. "We can't seem to get a handle on Ship to Store, and we are letting our guests down. Do you have any insight or experience you can share? or How did that process work at your previous store?"
It isn't an interview or test, but you do want to make a good impression. Also at most stores, I think STL takes over the front end as part of the new OM.
What are somethings to put in talent profile aside from nice pictures? Previous positions in spot? Outside of spot? Movement up the ladder? Accomplishment? A Target resume of sorts?
Are talent profiles looked and considered for upcoming promotions?

Yes, a Target resumé of sorts. A basic list of your position and dates is already on your profile. Under Talent, you add goals, education, other work experience, certs, languages, etc. . . . I mention about the picture, because several TLs at my store have pictures more like TBR avatars on their email accounts. Could be embarrassing. I think if you want to move up with Target, it can be a good idea. It can make a good impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back