Archived Staying late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinningchris

Electronics TM
Hey, just wanted to know if there are any sort of repercussions to staying on clock past your scheduled time (say, scheduled to end at 4 but clock out at 4:30)? Other than possibly hitting compliance, I mean. I'm part of a new store and my electronics section often gets slammed while there's only one or two people manning the section, so I feel like staying a tad longer just to help ease things until things calm down again.

Hey, just wanted to know if there are any sort of repercussions to staying on clock past your scheduled time (say, scheduled to end at 4 but clock out at 4:30)? Other than possibly hitting compliance, I mean. I'm part of a new store and my electronics section often gets slammed while there's only one or two people manning the section, so I feel like staying a tad longer just to help ease things until things calm down again.
Try to avoid it but if you’re helping guests you’re helping guests. It happens to me every so often, just try not to make it a habit

Depends on the store. Clocking out late does put you on a report and depending on your stores leadership and if you guys are bad on payroll you can be written up for it.

At my store when team members stay late we usually have them cut another shift so they end up at their scheduled number of hours for the week. If someone stayed late without being asked and we were behind on payroll there would be a seek to understand and a possible write up.

If you feel you need to stay late. Ask please

Communicate to your TL/Exec if you can't clock out on time.

Depends on the store. Clocking out late does put you on a report and depending on your stores leadership and if you guys are bad on payroll you can be written up for it.

At my store when team members stay late we usually have them cut another shift so they end up at their scheduled number of hours for the week. If someone stayed late without being asked and we were behind on payroll there would be a seek to understand and a possible write up.

If you feel you need to stay late. Ask please

Is there a maximum number of minutes a team member can clock out late before they are put on a report?

If you are walking off the sales floor on time and a guest asks for your help, I think it would be rude and worse to refuse to help the guest rather than clocking out a couple minutes late.

Most times I have clocked out a minute or a few minutes after my scheduled shift end.

I clocked out maybe 10-15 minutes late one night and didn't hear anything from anyone about it. HL is so slammed these days I'm not sure anyone noticed. I was late because nobody else was working in my area and I didn't want to leave a nearly-finished pull and cart of cardboard and I knew nobody else was really going to have time to deal with it and I HATE finding random carts of shit in my area when I get on shift.

Is there a maximum number of minutes a team member can clock out late before they are put on a report?

If you are walking off the sales floor on time and a guest asks for your help, I think it would be rude and worse to refuse to help the guest rather than clocking out a couple minutes late.

Most times I have clocked out a minute or a few minutes after my scheduled shift end.

If i remember correctly the late out only triggers if you leave 15 minutes or later after your scheduled time.

I could totally see helping a guest adding 5 minutes to your shift but to stay 15 minutes after without someone telling you to is deliberately milking your shift.

In a world where I have seen stores miss payroll by a single hour. People have to get out when they are needed sometimes. It can't be a free for all.

How do callouts factor in? At one of our huddles lately they said we had 18 callouts one day on a previous weekend. Presumably staying a few minutes later would be more than offset by excessive callouts?

How do callouts factor in? At one of our huddles lately they said we had 18 callouts one day on a previous weekend. Presumably staying a few minutes later would be more than offset by excessive callouts?

18 in one day? Snow storm? Seems excessive... Corporate says the average store gets 2 to 3 on weekdays and 3 to 4 callouts on weekends.

So what happens to those hours?

(How many people here have a logistics team that actually works their scheduled shift? (Crickets)

On average our flow team averages 20 late outs on truck days. Any thing we would gain from a callout is spent on log so they can finish the truck.

My old store had log overspend their budget by 1000 hours in one month. That's insane but it's this way for a lot of stores. End to end was supposed to fix that but bwahahahahha

No, you will appear on the report as long what you worked is different from your scheduled shift. The report gives us decimals regarding the length of the variation. For example, if you were 15 minutes late, it would say 0.25.

It is up to the person looking at the report to decide whether or not you will get talked to for going over.

18 in one day? Snow storm? Seems excessive... Corporate says the average store gets 2 to 3 on weekdays and 3 to 4 callouts on weekends.

So what happens to those hours?

(How many people here have a logistics team that actually works their scheduled shift? (Crickets)

On average our flow team averages 20 late outs on truck days. Any thing we would gain from a callout is spent on log so they can finish the truck.

My old store had log overspend their budget by 1000 hours in one month. That's insane but it's this way for a lot of stores. End to end was supposed to fix that but bwahahahahha

When they do work their scheduled shift.. it is a shit show for the rest of the store..

When they do work their scheduled shift.. it is a shit show for the rest of the store..

Yeah I hate when it's the end of the month and we are cutting payroll. HR and salesfloor get to finish what flow couldn't

It might have been over the weekend, not day, but yeah it was a lot.

If i remember correctly the late out only triggers if you leave 15 minutes or later after your scheduled time.

I could totally see helping a guest adding 5 minutes to your shift but to stay 15 minutes after without someone telling you to is deliberately milking your shift.

In a world where I have seen stores miss payroll by a single hour. People have to get out when they are needed sometimes. It can't be a free for all.
A long line at GS can result in one staying an extra 15 mins

Again a leader should be telling you to extend. At my store the extra lods always jump in and cover guest service when there is a long line
Yeah probably. I’ve stayed late (15 mins) probably a few times a month and no one’s said anything.

Extra LODs? My store typically only has one scheduled at a time....

Also closing GSTMs almost always get extra time.

I thought there was only one official LOD on any shift. The LODness can be changed (breaks/lunch), but there is only one LOD at any given moment.

Extra LODs? My store typically only has one scheduled at a time....

Also closing GSTMs almost always get extra time.

Lods meaning anyone who is an stl, etl or senior team lead. ETLs are expected to backup guest services so the other team members can stay in their workcenter.

One time I messed up my shift and didn't realize my shift had ended until 30 minutes later. I apologized for being an idiot to the LOD, she said there had been a callout that day so payroll wouldn't be an issue, and I never heard more about it.

But, that was only one time.

When people are close to 40 around here, they take extra long lunches. That might be an option if a previous shift had run over, even if you aren't near 40, just to stay close to your scheduled hours for the week.

Whenever the operator says, "LOD, you have a call on 2280. It's a Team Member," we all look at each other and go, "Ooh, someone is calling off." lol

Or you know that overhead sound that tells you someone is calling the store when it is still closed? Whenever that sounds, uh oh... someone's calling off. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back