Archived Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not take anything that does not belong to you. "ANYTHING" includes trash, strays, broken stuff, anything posted in this thread. JUST DON'T. I haven't been here for long but it's still unbelievable that this comes up.

Do not take anything that does not belong to you. "ANYTHING" includes trash, strays, broken stuff, anything posted in this thread. JUST DON'T. I haven't been here for long but it's still unbelievable that this comes up.
Sounds like ASANTS when it comes to chargeback. Better be safe than sorry though.

Nope. Not at my store. 5 of 8 baristas were taking food and drinks for free every single day. It went on for months. AP was informed. They were just talked-to, since they can't keep a full staff to save their lives.
We can't keep a full SB staff either, because their team lead is a jerk. Can't blame them for leaving...

I think each store is different. I was specifically told by my AP Sr.TL that taking food was not something a person can get fired for. We had the same issue of Starbucks barista's taking food and drinks. They were so comfortable that they would come in on their day off and get free drinks/food for themselves and their friends. We also had a team member taking food from the floor. When AP tried to pursue them he was denied. Some grey area about TM's taking food because they are in need. He couldn't do anything about it other then seek to understand and coach.

Months later we were told by our Starbucks DM that Target Starbucks are not allowed take qmos food and are not allowed to get a free drink and pastry like regular Starbucks. That is how we have killed the freebies in Starbucks.

At our store the team has to ask permission before they ever put toss or donate food in the break room. Then I will usually add a complimentary item from the store. Chips or drinks. But I do not allow individuals to take anything no matter how small. Everything has to be shared with the team. If they take defect food for themselves we speak to them. If they take merchandise we let AP know.

Target cares so much that they would throw out all the display furniture rather than auction it off. Expect more in your landfill instead of making money for the United Way.

I suppose it's stealing if we receive two of the same display and someone takes one home? We can't sell it because, well because it's a display. So I guess we're supposed to just throw it away.

I think each store is different. I was specifically told by my AP Sr.TL that taking food was not something a person can get fired for. We had the same issue of Starbucks barista's taking food and drinks. They were so comfortable that they would come in on their day off and get free drinks/food for themselves and their friends. We also had a team member taking food from the floor. When AP tried to pursue them he was denied. Some grey area about TM's taking food because they are in need. He couldn't do anything about it other then seek to understand and coach.

Months later we were told by our Starbucks DM that Target Starbucks are not allowed take qmos food and are not allowed to get a free drink and pastry like regular Starbucks. That is how we have killed the freebies in Starbucks.
This is what chaps my hide.
TMs will grab a soda cup & help themselves, nick food out of the hot case, tell the barista that their drink is free because (ETL/TL) rewarded them for doing their job when - in fact - they did not, etc & nothing is done.
But if a FATM or barista fixes themselves a free drink/meal, they get put on final or termed.

Target cares so much that they would throw out all the display furniture rather than auction it off. Expect more in your landfill instead of making money for the United Way.

I suppose it's stealing if we receive two of the same display and someone takes one home? We can't sell it because, well because it's a display. So I guess we're supposed to just throw it away.

I've seen tms ask about buying display items and an etl put a price on it and sold it. Of course, asants but I wanted to say it is possible.

Yeah, don't get me started on that.

Had a youngun seasonal cashier. 16 or so. Was okay at the lanes, then they had me training them at GS and wasn't grabbing the concept of, "hey, you gotta inspect things, be firm with your answers to the guest, and watch the label printers for the crap you're accepting a return on" so they were generally a hot mess at GS and while they were really trying, I thought they were best suited for the lanes anyway.

Anyway, the TM was quick to notice that the registers at GS have a higher till than the lanes, and was really excited to offer cash back on debit transactions. They normally worked when I was off, or else I could've caught on to the fact they were pulling fast ones with the cash and keeping some.

A few weeks later, two squad cars parked in our Drive Up spots (IDC who you are, don't park there!) and youngblood comes out of AP's office in handcuffs.

They are always watching.

If holding clearance is a terminable offense, there are several ETLs and an actual AP ETL that are guilty. But what can you do? I don't need my hours slashed to 4 a week.
It's only holding clearance for yourself. We're not supposed to hold clearance for guests, but exceptions can be made and there's no disciplinary action required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back