Archived Stepping Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually tuition reimbursement is for team leaders and above... I have been using it! i think it makes sense because if someone is balancing working as a TL and school, then that shows a ton of drive and this person probably has ETL potential! My only issue with the tuition reimbursement program is A) its only $3000 per fiscal year (not school year) and B) it is only for classes that are business related and can be applied to your position... The reason I have an issue with that is because to be an ETL you can have your degree in ANYTHING but then they only help pay for business? Technically, any class can help me get to that level so why not help pay for it? I would understand if you needed a business degree to be an ETL, but you don't so it doesn't really match up IMO

I won't say I disagree with you, but I do understand where they are coming from. I'm sure the majority of TLs who get tuition reimbursement don't become ETLs, so to make the tuition reimbursement worth it for Target, they only allow courses that would help them grow in their current position.

Yeah, so it might be a lame excuse, but as far as Target excuses go, I've heard worse. Also, I've heard of some TLs getting other, non-business courses to count, its all about the wording you use.

I won't say I disagree with you, but I do understand where they are coming from. I'm sure the majority of TLs who get tuition reimbursement don't become ETLs, so to make the tuition reimbursement worth it for Target, they only allow courses that would help them grow in their current position.

Yeah, so it might be a lame excuse, but as far as Target excuses go, I've heard worse. Also, I've heard of some TLs getting other, non-business courses to count, its all about the wording you use.

It's all about wording, we have a new TL at my store using it and he fully intends to get his degree in mechanical engineering, but has had no issue getting his courses approved. Just gotta know how to work the system (like everything else in life).

There's another post ITT I'd like to respond to, but I'm exercising restraint.

In my store TM's can get tuition reimbursement as long as we have a certain GPA for the semester and it doesn't matter what courses we take. Or at least, that is what HR told me when I inquired about it after reading my handbook and all the benefits paperwork.

I stepped down because I wanted to move to a different state and store. They didn't have a position at the other store so I was hoping I could eventually get a position there but apparently past experience doesn't count for anything. I miss the money but that's about it. I got tired of doing everyone else work anyway. I will say it's still frustrating knowing more than the people that are promoted around you.. smh.... grr

I considered stepping down because I was planning on going to school. but i changed my mind. i like the tuition reimbursement and as long as you can relate how the class goes along with your job at target it is normally approved. I am taking my classes online. MY DTL also got his degree this way. I don't plan on staying with target though. but shhh this is just between us

The company does like me and in about 6 months I'd either have to step down or get transferred because they do not want Senior CTLs with P-Fresh. I want to step down to team member now so I can move (the place I want to go to does not have a leadership position available) and go back to school. The store I want to go to is fairly new, is a super freaky volume store, and can not retain team members so I dont think I'll have issues with getting hours, plus I can literally do any job in the building from setting planograms to making lattes to making bales, I've been trained in all of it.

hmmm.....san marcos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back