Archived Steritech

Status
Not open for further replies.
we use cool labels only for our cucumbers, everything else either has it on the package or a little stiker on the limes, lemons, tomatoes, etc.
after being open for 1 1/2 years my CTL finally got a nice dandy plastic organizer with a bunch of different cool labels. He leaves that on his desk and we use them as needed.

So. I'm on vacation. Steritech hadn't hit my store in a while. My pa, who is excellent at handling steritech, was only off on Thursday, we had a TM that was semi-market trained when we lost a TM and had to use an hl TM to fill some shifts, open that day. When I saw the schedule... I knew steritech was coming that day.

That day is today.. A tl texted me to let me know they came into the store..

The salesfloor I'm not worried about, but we always gotta cover backrooms ass after backstocking the truck these days because the dedicated brtm we had who did a great job recently left to Costco.. (Food safety wise, no chicken above/etc.)

Awesome!!

They're like bloodhounds to the day you least need them to visit

Last edited:
So. I'm on vacation. Steritech hadn't hit my store in a while. My pa, who is excellent at handling steritech, was only off on Thursday, we had a TM that was semi-market trained when we lost a TM and had to use an hl TM to fill some shifts, open that day. When I saw the schedule... I knew steritech was coming that day.

That day is today.. A tl texted me to let me know they came into the store..

The salesfloor I'm not worried about, but we always gotta cover backrooms ass after backstocking the truck these days because the dedicated brtm we had who did a great job recently left to Costco.. (Food safety wise, no chicken above/etc.)

Awesome!!

They're like bloodhounds to the day you least need them to visit
I know what you mean. We just had a visit on a Friday, at noon, which is right in the middle of when we are trying to finish C+S push and me doing the order. In general it gets pretty busy a little after noon too. We were green thankfully. They always ding us for food ave and starbucks stuff. The Pfresh SF and BR have almost never been dinged in all the visits

-having our grocery pulls put in shopping carts (big NO NO)
-having cardboard and trash in shopping carts
-COOL labels
-backstock all the way up to the ceiling in the cooolers
-uncooked baccon backstocked with lunch meat
I didn't know they make a big deal with shopping carts with grocery pulls and boxes

NOTHING CAN GO IN THE HANDWASHING SINK. Caps added for emphasis lol.

Seriously though, you can only wash hands in the handwashing sink. Steritech will ding you for it if they see you putting anything else in it. Other than hand soap, the only chemicals you can put in it is kitchen degreaser and sanitizer and that's only if you're actually cleaning it.

Last edited:
No uncooked product can go with cooked product. I don't think cured/uncured is something they look at unless you argue. I wouldn't bother, bacon is uncooked as far as I'm concerned for backstock.

We get more Starbucks and food ave dings. Depends on the auditor, they all have their own slant.

Off the top of my head :
Unsigned pest log, no cleaning cards, expired juice, expired hot dogs, debris on dairy cooler floor, box on dairy cooler floor, backstock too high in freezer, sanitizer ppm off in bottle, ice on freezer/product in freezer, and soap not over hand wash sink (no ding for using other sink cause I answered truthfully).

Soaking the soda nozzles is meant to loosen the crud not remove it. Unless spot is crazy they would know that. Spent 5yrs at McDonald's as closing shift lead myself...

Also, Anbesol has to go down its own aisle because it can't be with food or chemicals.

I was joking. Not sure if it's 1 or 2, but I guess that would answer it.

-having our grocery pulls put in shopping carts (big NO NO)
-having cardboard and trash in shopping carts
-COOL labels
-backstock all the way up to the ceiling in the cooolers
-uncooked baccon backstocked with lunch meat
I didn't know they make a big deal with shopping carts with grocery pulls and boxes

The pulls makes sense I guess. But no trash? Hope they never visit on a truck day because guess what goes in half the carts on the floor?

I think they came in already last week though. The leaders had some dumb code phrase to warn each other when the person came in.

oh hey we got red three times in a row

the sanitizer wasn't at the right temparature.

The last time our store was red was when they found weevils in some flour, busted eggs dripping all over other cartons, outdates among the dairy & mouse droppings.
Our then-CTL was gone after that.

The last time our store was red was when they found weevils in some flour, busted eggs dripping all over other cartons, outdates among the dairy & mouse droppings.
Our then-CTL was gone after that.

My store has had rats for months and that didn't get us dinged.

You were dinged for improper sanitizer temp but NOT for RATS?!
WTF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back