Archived Still seasonal salvage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so the system knew 3 weeks ago how much was going to be salvage and took that into account when the hours calculated? Is that what you are saying?

Lmao! We have one person on the schedule every day. Sometimes not even for 8 hours. Sometimes she's there only 4 hours. But you're telling me she was supposed to pull all 20 pallets and salvage it by herself?

Sorry, you're flat out wrong.
No . What I’m saying is that you are telling me you are a price change team member or tl. The reason you have so much shit in the back is because it didn’t get pushed by those departments in time . However the salvages batches didn’t just drop . They were seasonal batches first and everyone in your store ignored it , then one by one became salvage batches which you ignored. Because you or your store finally decided it’s time to pull those batches doesn’t mean you didn’t had past opportunity to get it done.

No . What I’m saying is that you are telling me you are a price change team member or tl. The reason you have so much shit in the back is because it didn’t get pushed by those departments in time . However the salvages batches didn’t just drop . They were seasonal batches first and everyone in your store ignored it , then one by one became salvage batches which you ignored. Because you or your store finally decided it’s time to pull those batches doesn’t mean you didn’t had past opportunity to get it done.

Not ignored. Didn't have time to do. There's a difference. Not everyone ignored it. But no hours were allocated to do them. So the whole pog team had to jump in for a whole day to finish.

And I'm telling you there was no opportunity for the one price change person to do them. There were no hours for it.

Are you saying the system dropped hours into the price change workload to process all that salvage?

Not ignored. Didn't have time to do. There's a difference. Not everyone ignored it. But no hours were allocated to do them. So the whole pog team had to jump in for a whole day to finish.

And I'm telling you there was no opportunity for the one price change person to do them. There were no hours for it.

Are you saying the system dropped hours into the price change workload to process all that salvage?
Again what I’m saying is the system did it’s job by dropping the seasonal batches first , trust me pulling seasonal batches won’t take more than 2 hours or even that because if everyone would have taking those out while doing the 13 steps you wouldn’t and shouldn’t have price change in the back or salvage. I’m an AAA+ store my seasonal salvage was a total of 6 repacks everything got out before it even drop seasonal batches for. I made sure green was out of the back before was a batch for it then blue and yellow. I dropped batches myself for all the other department and put it in re-shop for hardlines to push it. But let’s be honest 22 pallets it’s total ignorance no matter how much you try to excuse the no hours allocated . Even if you would have pulled 2-4 seasonal batches a day and have them pushed you wouldn’t have 22 pallets now . Your store definitely lost margins ans even a chance for sweeping . I actually requested a exceptional sweep to get the excess inventory back to them which I was approved and got it done.

Again what I’m saying is the system did it’s job by dropping the seasonal batches first , trust me pulling seasonal batches won’t take more than 2 hours or even that because if everyone would have taking those out while doing the 13 steps you wouldn’t and shouldn’t have price change in the back or salvage. I’m an AAA+ store my seasonal salvage was a total of 6 repacks everything got out before it even drop seasonal batches for. I made sure green was out of the back before was a batch for it then blue and yellow. I dropped batches myself for all the other department and put it in re-shop for hardlines to push it. But let’s be honest 22 pallets it’s total ignorance no matter how much you try to excuse the no hours allocated . Even if you would have pulled 2-4 seasonal batches a day and have them pushed you wouldn’t have 22 pallets now . Your store definitely lost margins ans even a chance for sweeping . I actually requested a exceptional sweep to get the excess inventory back to them which I was approved and got it done.

And I'm saying I realize the ball was dropped. But it shouldn't fall on PC to eat all that without hours.

You say pull them and push them. NO ONE DID THAT. We're not talking about last week. It was Tuesday, this week. Already salvage. We filled almost the entire sweep trailer with pallets of salvage.

I'm not privelaged to know why it didn't get pushed to the floor to sell. All I know is the stl said Monday that it had to be processed as salvage Tuesday.

I'll ask again .... are you saying the hours for processing all the SALVAGE was integrated into the PC schedule 3 weeks ago when the schedule was written?

One of my TLs found a shipper of product for the holidays in the backroom...dated 8/28/18. Most of the product went out, but the Christmas stuff went salvage immediately.

Still not sure how that gets missed...

We are still doing the seasonal and other salvage. We were constantly being told not to pull backroom clearance, therefore it backed up to over 300 batches. Now they want it pulled and salvaged and pushed. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. This system is the worst ever. Our fixture room is a disaster, the worst I have ever seen.
:oops::rolleyes::(

And I'm saying I realize the ball was dropped. But it shouldn't fall on PC to eat all that without hours.

You say pull them and push them. NO ONE DID THAT. We're not talking about last week. It was Tuesday, this week. Already salvage. We filled almost the entire sweep trailer with pallets of salvage.

I'm not privelaged to know why it didn't get pushed to the floor to sell. All I know is the stl said Monday that it had to be processed as salvage Tuesday.

I'll ask again .... are you saying the hours for processing all the SALVAGE was integrated into the PC schedule 3 weeks ago when the schedule was written?
It’s a ridiculous question hours are not based on your salvage that was missed being pulled. I’m sure no body cared when the batches were there. Therefor they didn’t care how much was you guys had. The fact you had to do it with no hours falls on your store management

The Price Change Workload Forecast should have indicated how much salvage there was and that would have assisted with allocating the right amount of hours needed for scheduling.

The Price Change Workload Forecast should have indicated how much salvage there was and that would have assisted with allocating the right amount of hours needed for scheduling.
The forecast for price change drops everyday the fact that they didn’t pull as it should have is the reason they are in this situation.

:looks for beating a dead horse gif:
Exactly. The problem here is that best practice wasn’t fallowed. When I’m questioned if the hours was scheduled for such a workload . The answer is no and shouldn’t have. The fact that they sit on so much shit is not the systems fault. Starts with Etl and Tl , you train well to manage less , as a leader myself I strategize , delegate and execute. To me is nothing but an excuse the hours situation . If I would go to my etl and ask how does she expects me to do the unload , stocking , backstock , 13 steps , mirs , recalls and all the other stuff she would be telling me why the hell i have you here.

Uh. I meant *you* are beating a dead horse, @allnew2.

We don't need a lesson on all the ways to decrease seasonal salvage. And it is frustrating to have so much of it dumped onto one team or person to salvage out.
Poor leadership and lack of knowledge will get you there

Poor leadership and lack of knowledge will get you there

I agree with you about the poor leadership. I'm not the stl, etl, or srtl. Everyone knew how much we were sitting on but did nothing about it until it became salvage. Then suddenly, it's our team's sole issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back