Archived Still Seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbree

I have a question, I was hired as a (seasonal) cashier in November. I have open availability and learn really quick so I get a lot of GSA shifts now. But in workday i'm still seasonal. I was never officially asked to stay on and never received a 90 day review. Is this normal?

Thanks guys! It just feels so odd, plus i'm interested in developing and i'm hoping that it won't be affected by my seasonal status! Thank you 😊

Thanks guys! It just feels so odd, plus i'm interested in developing and i'm hoping that it won't be affected by my seasonal status! Thank you 😊

The seasonal thing is just there for record-keeping purposes. I imagine if you were to ever transition into a regular TM your ETL will go in and change that. You could try talking to them about it.

yes, they are fairly new. I mentioned it once and she said she'd look into it. She's just so busy I really hate to bother her about.

everything will be ok! you sound like a hard working TM

Two options.

1. You were kept on without being informed.
2. During your store's HR transition, you were not notified of your release.

but option 2 isn't possible if i'm still on the schedule... right?

It's possible they forgot to no longer schedule you.

Edit: For those in the know, are there 90 day benefits for permanent that seasonal don't get?

Hmmm, but she knows me. I get positive guest comments a lot, we talk occasionally and she schedules me GSA shifts which are outside my workcenter. Is that still possible?

HR may know you well, but I think the determination to keep you comes from someone else.

I still wonder if there's a benefits thing that is making the store list you as seasonal as long as possible.

HR may know you well, but I think the determination to keep you comes from someone else.

I still wonder if there's a benefits thing that is making the store list you as seasonal as long as possible.
If that's it, it's laughable I don't need or want targets benefits 😂 thank you for all your help.

If you look at your new hire contract it says seasonal will end Jan 21st/23rd(?). Since you kept getting scheduled after that you are now perm and it should reflect that on workday. It should say Guest Service TM instead of Seasonal Guest Service or whatever it said before I haven't seen it since whatever day in Jan it was. We never signed a 90-day contingent or 6-month contingent just that we understood we would/could be termed after Jan and Target did not have to keep us. None of the seasonals kept at my store were given any kind of review, and no one told us anything. I assume it is because we didn't need one if you were still standing, you were great one of the select few who outperformed the other dozens of seasonals.

New hires are not eligible for benefits until after their first year but not sure if that includes sick/vacation/personal holiday pay. My handbook actually says PTO is a gift from Target and mentions no way of earning it. My husbands company actually outlines how much is earned per pay period/hours worked. So I kinda took gift as you can kick rocks PTO is for TL only. 😅 (unless your state requires it) I have also never double checked this though so who knows? Maybe I will start earning some soon.

Attachments

• IMG_8660.jpg
    IMG_8660.jpg
    875.9 KB · Views: 3
I remember seeing vacation pay on my check when I had been there less than a year, well before I was offered benefits like dental. That's why I'm wondering if the OP's Target is cheaping out in some way by delaying the change of status on the paperwork. The other thought is just an accident, someone was supposed to tell HR to change the status but there was a communication breakdown somewhere and the current HR never received the message and there's no urgent need to address it at this moment.

New hires are not eligible for benefits until after their first year but not sure if that includes sick/vacation/personal holiday pay.

It does not. You start those accruals at six months if you have the required average hours. I've been here just under 7 months and started accruing vacation and personal holiday time after my 6th month.

It does not. You start those accruals at six months if you have the required average hours. I've been here just under 7 months and started accruing vacation and personal holiday time after my 6th month.
Almost there then! Just a few more weeks. Thank you. We didn't go over any of this when we got hired as seasonals. (not sure about others) I don't think they expected any of us to make it. Got the basics sign and date here, a few brand videos and that was pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back