Archived STL deleting my punches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice in 2 weeks now my STL has edited my punches when I went a little over so that it appeared that I left right on time, and to top it off, he accused me of forgetting to punch out both times. I always punch in/out. I find it to be more than a coincidence that the days in question were days that I stayed 15-20 minutes over. I know payroll is tight in February, (only getting 36ish hours as a lead) and it is my responsibility to leave on time, ...but this is illegal af, not to mention a shady, sneaky, immoral business practice. This type of stuff right here makes me regret ever working through my breaks like i usually do. Makes me want to stay over again 20 minutes, take a photo of my mytime punches as proof, and see if it happens again so I can call them out on it and have proof. Anyone else experiencing/have experienced this type of thing at Target?
Weird, I wonder why he didn't just have you leave early one day later in the week to cut the extra time.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t matter if the op went overtime for the day not the week.
But they didn't. The op said they weren't even close to going into overtime. Also, nonsalaried people at Target are paid based upon how many hours they work per week so what you're saying doesn't even make sense to me.

But they didn't. The op said they weren't even close to going into overtime. Also, nonsalaried people at Target are paid based upon how many hours they work per week so what you're saying doesn't even make sense to me.

in some states working more than x hours in a day is considered overtime, in addition to working more than 40 hours in a week

If you work more than 40 h in a week is overtime . If you work more than 8 h in a day ie 8.5 it’s over time for the day not week.

in some states working more than x hours in a day is considered overtime, in addition to working more than 40 hours in a week
Thank you for the explanation but I don't think it applies to the op's case. While it is a matter of assants, I don't really see why the op would be in trouble for working past their scheduled if they are a team lead. Maybe it's just the case where I work but it's been my experience that leads working past schedule is pretty normal. Even if that is not the case, editing a person's punch to make it look like they've worked less than they have is illegal as hell.

How do I check for historical edits? I clicked on view my timecard, and selected the day in question, and did not see any option for historical edits

I used to run the flow team for a while last year. Still have actual physical keys. I don't do LOD shifts or anything like that. But yes, I do have keys. What do you access to view historical edits?

Last edited:
I think if you get with an hrtm they could look at those punches and see the edits. I've never done this but think it works that way. Also, I'd ask to be there while they do it.

If you work more than 40 h in a week is overtime . If you work more than 8 h in a day ie 8.5 it’s over time for the day not week.
This is dependent on state. Some states require overtime payout for time worked over 8h in a given workday.

Call the hotline, HROC will pull the historical edit report and see if anyone is changing your punches. If someone is and shorting you time that is 100% a term for whoever is doing that. Target takes time clock fraud extremely serious. I’ve seen etls and tls get fired for it immediately after the investigation.

That's illegal, and your STL should be written up. I would bring the matter to HR for investigation.

The choice to skip breaks is on you. If you are assigned to work until x, then you should click out at x. If you ignore that, then you should be counseled, too.

In short, I'd write both of you up.

Um not written up.. FIRED.
That's illegal, and your STL should be written up. I would bring the matter to HR for investigation.

The choice to skip breaks is on you. If you are assigned to work until x, then you should click out at x. If you ignore that, then you should be counseled, too.

In short, I'd write both of you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back