Archived STL is driving me to drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
My STL single-handedly ruins my enjoyment of work. Last night (and likely again tonight when I go in), he nitpicked and micro-managed everything I did, criticizing me no matter what I did. With his hovering, I wound up making more mistakes than usual as I don't work well with hovering. I guess this is going to be a routine deal, especially with regards to REDcards as the front-end continues to struggle getting them. It's gotten so bad our DTL has threatened to and most likely will stage some sort of intervention.

If this becomes the new norm I will definitely be putting in my 2 weeks. Each & every day I realize just how not worth it the GSA position is.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bee flew up the STLs butt about the front end.
I'd imagine the your TL and ETL are getting the same wonderful treatment.
It might be worth talking to them and seeing if they have any ideas about how to deal with his behavior, besides committing seppuku.

My GSTL said during my review that the focus for the store this year is front end, front end, front end.

Basically, since that's the last thing the guest experiences, Target wants it to be absolutely perfect. According to my ETL, even though after all of the weighted metrics are mathematically figured out, my store is number one in our group. And our front end experience couldn't be better. And we are back in the REDcard groove. We are doing well. But my ETL said despite all of this...the STL is in a sheer panic over life, the store, and the front end. Luckily he doesn't show that face to anyone beyond the LODs. My guess is they are being ridden super hard about the front end at this point...which is why we can't say no to the guest, can't even think about someone being upset, and have to have REDCards coming out of our noses.

Unfortunately, because the DTLs are riding our STLs so hard, the STLs are in a panic, and some of them are letting that panic through to us commoners.

I'm with you...I hate my job. I am tired of knowing that no matter what I do, it isn't enough, and that everyone else thinks we don't do anything and are worthless. If my GSTL weren't so cool and didn't actually appreciate me, and if the ETL wasn't giving major bonuses to us GSAs on the weeks we make our REDcard goal, I would be praying to get into a major car accident every time I go to work.

I am with you on the job hunt. I just wish it weren't so super slow for my field. This is getting unbearable and depressing.

PS. I saw something in chat about the STL saying you can't carry around a clipboard any more. What in the world is the clipboard for??? There is no way they would get me to haul around one more thing....

@Retail Girl you don't carry a clipboard? All the GSAs at my store carry clipboards that have the daily grid on them. They use it to schedule breaks and call up people for backup.
Why would the STL want to get rid of the clipboard? Makes no sense to me.

Ours keep the grid, forecast & breakout on a clipboard but they seldom pick it up, much less carry it around.

yea I know the feeling. I can sense how stressed our GSTLs and GSAs are. I have noticed the ETLs are coming to the front more often and getting near each Cashier to make sure we are asking every guest about the Redcard and making sure we are not saying no to any guests. In some strange way I am glad I didn't get the GSA position I applied for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back