Stocking Question

I'm brand new to Target market and have been pushing dry grocery, produce and even frozen food. When I pull from the backroom very often (over half the time) it only asks for one of the item, and when I stock it there's only room for that one on the shelf. Isn't it a waste of time to have team members pulling one thing just so the shelves are 100 percent full? Is that the way it's done in all Target stores?

They're called one for ones. It appears to be an attempt at forcing the team to maintain accurate inventory counts to prevent excess product in the store. The store is fuller (we are up 20% to forecast since implementation) which also reduces time spent zoning. In the long run, more of your truck goes directly to the shelf as the system has accurate information.

Or, more concisely, it costs less to pay you to pull one of each out (with accurate counts) than it did to over order because inventory was off.

I'm brand new to Target market and have been pushing dry grocery, produce and even frozen food. When I pull from the backroom very often (over half the time) it only asks for one of the item, and when I stock it there's only room for that one on the shelf. Isn't it a waste of time to have team members pulling one thing just so the shelves are 100 percent full? Is that the way it's done in all Target stores?
When you pull does that batch say MANCAF or Auto. A MANCAF is likely a 1-1 batch which will pull with the intent to fill the floor to sales floor capacity. If it says auto it shouldn’t be filling 100% of the floor as autos only generate when your sales floor drops below 50% capacity

This is the way corporate wants us to restock the shelves with product from the BR.

And - yes and no - to being a waste of time.

Pros - cleans out the stockroom, helps fill the floor and helps zone.
Cons - shit ton of 1 for 1s in areas like Market and Chem. + shit ton of freight, pricing, tasks + not enough hours = can lead to a disaster.

Last edited:
Yes, they are MANCAF.
I didn't think of improving accuracy of inventory, but rather that corporate likes the "look" of abundance, a full shelf to give the appearance of products galore. I would rather push grocery from the trucks than tote out one of this and one of that.

Yes, they are MANCAF.
I didn't think of improving accuracy of inventory, but rather that corporate likes the "look" of abundance, a full shelf to give the appearance of products galore. I would rather push grocery from the trucks than tote out one of this and one of that.
They’re good in market because it drives a good FIFO culture. Your pulls should always be done before your truck to get the older stuff out of the back.

They’re good in market because it drives a good FIFO culture. Your pulls should always be done before your truck to get the older stuff out of the back.
Right, get the old stuff out and put new stuff from the truck in front of it? That’s not how it works in market, in Market you push your truck and then pull 1:1

Right, get the old stuff out and put new stuff from the truck in front of it? That’s not how it works in market, in Market you push your truck and then pull 1:1
No I was thinking more push the old stuff and back stock your truck freight. Most of your sales floor should be full with 1-1 and stuff that’s not just FIFO as you go. DBO routines specifically state pulls before truck regardless of departments

No I was thinking more push the old stuff and back stock your truck freight. Most of your sales floor should be full with 1-1 and stuff that’s not just FIFO as you go. DBO routines specifically state pulls before truck regardless of departments
I conquer. For any department is manual first and then truck . Not only you get the old stuff first but you also minimize your open stock backstock with freight from the truck if the dpci was already filled from the manual .

Not for Market

Back