Archived Stop accruing vaca

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else stop accruing vaca/ph after 2080 hours worked for the year. Many people in my building noticed recently. Hr is "looking into it".

Have you reached the max accrued for the year after those hours? Math is not happening but if that number of hours got you to the forty hours or whatever max you can save up...

Long ago I'd reached the max I could accrue & had to start using it down before it would start accruing again but that was back in the day of adequate staffing. You could bank up to three times your annual accrual.
Pretty sure it's gone down amid the other recent changes.

Long ago I'd reached the max I could accrue & had to start using it down before it would start accruing again but that was back in the day of adequate staffing. You could bank up to three times your annual accrual.
Pretty sure it's gone down amid the other recent changes.
Not stop accruing because you have the max amount to carry, but the max amount to get in a year. I haven't been there 5 years yet so I get two weeks vaca. After 2080 hours worked for the year, I earned those 2 weeks and stop accruing vaca till next year. That is regardless of whether I work my ref schedule or Ot. No more earned. This is different than the past. You could earn more the more you worked. It was changed at some point but no one knows on accident or on purpose. Regardless, no one told any tms so there are some unhappy campers.

I hadn't taken a vac in three years which is why I was able to rack it up but no more.
Sounds like it was part of the changes they didn't want to announce earlier this year like: when you leave spot you don't get your vac cay paid out unless your state mandates it.

I hadn't taken a vac in three years which is why I was able to rack it up but no more.
Sounds like it was part of the changes they didn't want to announce earlier this year like: when you leave spot you don't get your vac cay paid out unless your state mandates it.
Yeah, it was part of that giant change of how much you could accrue with the excuse being that they want us to take it not accrue it. It wasn't well explained, seemingly on purpose. Several tls who left recently found out the hard way.

Seems silly to make an enemy out of people who volunteer for ot

You need to check how many vacation hours you have now. It sounds like you are maxed out with over 200 plus hours.

Seems silly to make an enemy out of people who volunteer for ot
Its capped for everyone. I averaged 50+hrs a week one year. My vacation capped as if I worked 40hrs like everyone else. They are giving you exactly what they said they would, so why are you expecting different and taking it personally?

Its capped for everyone. I averaged 50+hrs a week one year. My vacation capped as if I worked 40hrs like everyone else. They are giving you exactly what they said they would, so why are you expecting different and taking it personally?
I'm not taking it personally, but there are a lot of people upset about it. We have received more vacation due to the fact that people work overtime. They never told anyone that they changed this. Also, it's been weeks since it was brought up and hr still can't get an answer from corp. it isn't the fact that they changed it, it's that they didn't tell anyone till someone noticed.

I'm not taking it personally, but there are a lot of people upset about it. We have received more vacation due to the fact that people work overtime. They never told anyone that they changed this. Also, it's been weeks since it was brought up and hr still can't get an answer from corp. it isn't the fact that they changed it, it's that they didn't tell anyone till someone noticed.
Pay and benefits should outline the cap and rate it accrues. If you work at an increased rate it accrues faster. Just because you work more doesn't mean the cap goes up. It's always been like that.

Pay and benefits should outline the cap and rate it accrues. If you work at an increased rate it accrues faster. Just because you work more doesn't mean the cap goes up. It's always been like that.
Not at out our dc. We accrued more the more worked. Had been like that for a while. This year is it changed, apparently, and no one was informed.

Here is the spot policy for vacation.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.PNG
    392.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0531.PNG
    239 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0532.PNG
    231.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0533.PNG
    420.9 KB · Views: 19
Not stop accruing because you have the max amount to carry, but the max amount to get in a year. I haven't been there 5 years yet so I get two weeks vaca. After 2080 hours worked for the year, I earned those 2 weeks and stop accruing vaca till next year. That is regardless of whether I work my ref schedule or Ot. No more earned. This is different than the past. You could earn more the more you worked. It was changed at some point but no one knows on accident or on purpose. Regardless, no one told any tms so there are some unhappy campers.
That is the way it's supposed to be. It's possible they changed it when they changed around the vacation policies as of January this year. TMs at the stores also weren't informed of the changes.

My states law is worded so that I think Spot could squirm out of it which I suppose means I'm hanging around to take it rather than getting a check. Damn.

That is the way it's supposed to be. It's possible they changed it when they changed around the vacation policies as of January this year. TMs at the stores also weren't informed of the changes.
Our etl-hr informed us. It was a bunch of confusing sounding crap. We had to dig around to understand we were getting shafted.

Yeh, our stores denies requests for vay-cay (except for pets & favorites) so the only time I could use mine was when hours were cut & I'd plug in enough to get it up to my average.
I always told the kids that Mom's vay-cay is during payroll cuts.

Yep, same happened at our DC. And then they wonder why people don't want to sign up for OT. You've been able to accrue vacation time by working OT since the DC opened and with no warning was changed. None of the management said a word about it.

Supposedly you'll get the accrual back this year because corporate fucked up and forgot to mention the change for everyone. However, next year, you are capped at 2080. It's in an effort to make it fair for the entire company.

They want to drive home that the incentive of working overtime is time and a half pay.

Not at out our dc. We accrued more the more worked. Had been like that for a while. This year is it changed, apparently, and no one was informed.

Yep. It was a big incentive for more senior TM's.

It will be interesting to see how staffing changes in the coming years

Definitely going to have less volunteers for ot!

That's what they probably want. They'll bulk up on overall staffing.

Now that Valdez is swinging around the pyramid, it should be... interesting?

I just noticed this happened to me at the store level as well. My vacation didn't increase at all on my last few checks, and it looks like it's because I hit my maximum annual accrual amount. It's kind of disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

I just noticed this happened to me at the store level as well. My vacation didn't increase at all on my last few checks, and it looks like it's because I hit my maximum annual accrual amount. It's kind of disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

That's funny, because he reason why we were told this change was happening was because they wanted to make the dc's and stores more uniform. Funny, because I guess they make store tms work 64 hours a week for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back