Archived Store going from 4am to 6am...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In two weeks our store will go to 6am from 4am... curious to see how this plays out... any feed back on what to expect in terms of hours for flow team, backroom, instocks, etc... Also trucks will be Monday, Wed, Fri... before Tues, Thurs, Sat... Thanks!

We are going through this sounds like about the same time. We already have had several good part time workers give their two weeks notice, no point in coming in for 2 hours. Im expecting a complete disaster for at least a little while, especially if they do not bring some people in quick.

I know a few stores have already switched to it. In most cases, about half of the teams gave their two weeks notice. Cutting back the shift differential, ending the shift differential at 8am, combined with the loss of earlier hours really affected people. "Why get up early to go in for two extra dollars?"

The cynic in me says this is all just another way for Spot to "save money".

How can flow push freight with guests in the store? I'm just jaded because my store is a super duper high volume (obviously overnight) store. Also deliveries 3 times a week is so weird to me as well. My store gets trucks every night most nights doubles. But ya the shift diff. only from 5-8 sucks now as I used to like the occasional 5 am shift more for the extra $1 an hour, it's only good for overnight TMs now. I suppose that's the point.

How can flow push freight with guests in the store? I'm just jaded because my store is a super duper high volume (obviously overnight) store. Also deliveries 3 times a week is so weird to me as well. My store gets trucks every night most nights doubles. But ya the shift diff. only from 5-8 sucks now as I used to like the occasional 5 am shift more for the extra $1 an hour, it's only good for overnight TMs now. I suppose that's the point.

You flow it just like you do with the 4 am process. There is nothing new, except your train of thought. Just understand that your DTL now doesn't care if you you are pushing freight during guest hours. Our team was pushing freight yesterday until well after 2 pm. They were still unloading at open. Make sure all of your flats are in perfect working order because you will need every last one of them.....no pallets on the floor after 8 still applies. Stage flats on the floor on the BACK endcaps. The race track needs to be clear when the store opens. Out of sight, out of mind!

At walmart our truck crew comes in at 4pm to unload the trucks (that come in the evening) while the overnight crew comes in at 10pm to stock the ****. I'm the overnight crew. We are a 24 hour store. We are expected to get cleaned up by 6am to bin everything. Plus we get an hour long lunch.

My store(ULV) moved from 4 to 6 a couple of weeks ago, so far we haven't had too many problems with it. To make up for the loss of 2 hours, they grab the Instocks/POG Teams to come in at 6 and help push until 8, when they go on to do their own things. Pricing was on that list too, but they managed to worm their way out of it. I've also noticed that some of the Flow TM's actually arrive at 5:30 to prepare buggies/start unloading the truck. We had a few problems with equipment but we seem to be doing okay for now.
I haven't seen the effects it's had on POG yet, but the only reason it hasn't affected us(Instocks, as if you couldn't tell :p) is because our ETL-Log has us just doing Rigs/RSCH(probably in preparation for the software update). We also have until noon to shoot now, as opposed to 11. 11 o'clock CAFs were removed, too.
As far as the AD goes, we were given more people to do it but it suffers the same problem you guys mentioned above: being scheduled only 2-3 hours. Our longest record now since moving to 6 is 10:30.
While it has been just peachy for my store so far, I worry about what's going to happen once Fourth Quarter rolls along.
Before we moved, our Flow TL reccomended getting Cashier Trained and looking into picking up shifts for POG/Instocks/Pricing/Cashier/Salesfloor/AD on Sundays. I see a lot of Flow TM's working the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday PFresh trucks too, if that's an option for your store.

While it has been just peachy for my store so far, I worry about what's going to happen once Fourth Quarter rolls along.

You might go back to 4AM for Q4.

to prepare buggies

When I first read this, I thought of a baby buggy from old cartoons. At my store, I've only ever heard Canadian guests (a.k.a. Invaders from the North) call the carts buggies.

When I first read this, I thought of a baby buggy from old cartoons. At my store, I've only ever heard Canadian guests (a.k.a. Invaders from the North) call the carts buggies.

Haha, I didn't realize that was one of those things that has different names at other stores. Our ETL-Log moved here from up north and asked me why we don't call the three-tier buggies 'double deckers', I told him that it makes me hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back