Archived Store improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take up to 5 minutes for my fixture room computer to print a label batch. It's really fucking annoying. The printer jams constantly. We need a new computer and a new printer.

The Zebras can get really slow when you scan an item and you have to reload the entire app every so often.

New registers come with remodels, I think. I'm hoping we get them. I hate the old ones.

New price checkers around the store would be nice. Maybe allow them to display more information?
Its the system used to print batches not the computer. In the time I wait for a batch to print I can do 5 powerpoint signs. So I simply use the mobile printer now.

More payroll.

I can see how a TM working 8 hours a week can become apathetic to the job. And it shows in our store.

Bring back the BR team. It was a specialized team for a reason.

Fix merchandise locate on the registers. Fix the price scanners in the store.

Stop flooding the stores with too much product (25 size Med of the same pj's, 70 of ONE DPCI in toys, or pallets and pallets of Plastics.)

Get the softlines breakout out of the BR.

Corporate keeps cramming all this stuff into our BRs.

End things that are a major waste of time -- ie Setting home storage after Christmas in mini. Should be one aisle of plastics, and then the rest should go straight to Valentine's Day.

-
had a feeling of Déjà vu:
Things you MISS from Target - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/things-you-miss-from-target.8453/page-2#post-127727

Last edited:
I have to disagree with pay to an extent. Our hiring wage went up, and will continue to. Will this bring in any higher caliber worker? Or the same seasonal or non seasonal that ends up being terminated?

I used to work at the store the NRVSTRIKE did and know personally he is a manipulative person with one agenda to unionize . The problem is he doesn't care about anybody that works there or about anything good I didn't go on there unless it's important agenda to you tonight or is he puts it " former workers coalition " he organize the strike that no one that work then move out with the dissip he organize the strike that no one that work there Knew about or participated in. The only struggles were two brand new point is that got a job there just so they can go on the strike. I am so glad not to have to deal with the stress level that he created . Just when you thought you like shut up and go away .... BOOM. Here he is again.

Nap corners in the breakroom! Seriously you would be surprised what a 10min snooze can do.

I do disagree witht he pay frankly given the expectations and resources the pay is not to far below what its worth I suppose. Now hours thats something they could even out better.

I also agree we NEED a br team back I cringe every single time I have to go to the back now. Its a backbone that never should have been ripped out.

I would love to see better management processes to. Quite frankly most management I have seen in the past couple years have been ladder climbers with no actual vision or drive. Its like we get the low grad rejects of the business world. We need better people. Attitude reflects leadership.

an SFS/Backroom Team merger needs to happen. I don't know about your stores, but our SFS numbers are INSANELY disproportionate, half the days I go in at 4am, and the number of picks are already 600 (two hours before the first SFS TMs even arrive). The other half they are 100-150.
No, they can't schedule around this as there is 0% predictability.

Backroom wise, get rid of the aisles of open stock backstock for small/med sized departments (hba, stationary, cosmetics), have a shit ton more Uboats for all these departments. Teams (such as E2E) work through these vehicles on certain days (i.e., A block Mondays (or certain aisles each day of the week to break it down further), B block Tuesdays etc...), shoot RSCH as they are worked to true OUTs, in addition to the truck loads that come in. Cut the backroom aisles in half of what the are (so you can house all the Uboats and only house CASE backstock there. Keep the steel for Bulk/big items specifically as it is now.

Moving on and working as a vendor in other stores now (Such as Kings/Kroger, Safeways, Wal-mart), I see what is working well for them. The grocery stores are all on Uboats for Deparments (case included) minus bulk. Walmart backstocks only casestock(but it is backstocked in Steel locations (Not aisles like Target, those dont exist in walmart). At both stores, they pretty much have E2E teams that work different focus areas daily (Walmart leaders pull their own department out batches and stock). Everybody is backroom trained. E2E at grocery store is truck, FIFO, zone, shoot outs (50 case minimum per hour speed). I think Target is trying to emulate that but the backroom is not set up correctly for it.

Nap corners in the breakroom! Seriously you would be surprised what a 10min snooze can do.

I do disagree witht he pay frankly given the expectations and resources the pay is not to far below what its worth I suppose. Now hours thats something they could even out better.

I also agree we NEED a br team back I cringe every single time I have to go to the back now. Its a backbone that never should have been ripped out.

I would love to see better management processes to. Quite frankly most management I have seen in the past couple years have been ladder climbers with no actual vision or drive. Its like we get the low grad rejects of the business world. We need better people. Attitude reflects leadership.
Your so right. TL seem to come and go so fast it's hardly worth talking to them or getting to them. To many ladder climbers.

Oh, let's see. TMs who care about doing a good job - but that's reliant on paying enough, and providing sort of steady hours, to attract and keep good staff. Actually rewarding those who do a good job consistently (with more than recognition at huddle or "great team" cards - both of which I think mean nothing). Sufficient equipment; the zebra devices do generally work pretty well most of the time but we're often short on empty vehicles because they're all full of back stock which isn't getting put away. (Funny how it's almost always grocery and beauty piled up on u-boats and tubs. Yep, this e2e plan is fabulous!)
I have worked some lower pay and higher pay jobs and I have never seen an example of a person that's work ethics or quality of work changed because of pay. If they suck at $7 an hour they will at $20. If they call out all the time at $10 an hour they do a $15 an hour. If there work is half ass at $12 hr it is at $22 hr. The only change raising pay makes is you're able to keep the good people that do a good job and show up every day there's just have them go somewhere else for higher pay. Higher pay never made a slacker not a slacker. I can't tell you how often I hear people I'm working with complaining about how they deserve so much more money . I'm thinking, you don't deserve what your getting many times.

You're absolutely right about the UBouts though . They have one or two people come in for four hours and pull 17 U-boats off the truck . No way those two people are going to get all that pushed. Not even going into the pulls that will be added.

I have to disagree with pay to an extent. Our hiring wage went up, and will continue to. Will this bring in any higher caliber worker? Or the same seasonal or non seasonal that ends up being terminated?

I've never known paid to bring in a higher caliber of worker or inspire mediocre workers to do better . Higher pay keeps the good workers that trickle in once in a while from leaving and going someplace else . Just my opinion

Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth I worked in the specialty meats department in grocery store chain.
It was unionized and locally owned.
Many of the people who worked there had been there for decades, owned homes, and put their kids through college on what they made working retail.
We were paid well, had insurance, decent hours and the company had picnics.
The employees stayed and worked hard because they cared about their jobs and knew the company was a good one to work for.

Backroom wise, get rid of the aisles of open stock backstock for small/med sized departments (hba, stationary, cosmetics), have a shit ton more Uboats for all these departments. Teams (such as E2E) work through these vehicles on certain days (i.e., A block Mondays (or certain aisles each day of the week to break it down further), B block Tuesdays etc...), shoot RSCH as they are worked to true OUTs, in addition to the truck loads that come in. Cut the backroom aisles in half of what the are (so you can house all the Uboats and only house CASE backstock there. Keep the steel for Bulk/big items specifically as it is now.

This would be a huge fail at my store. We already have tons of crap sitting around on vehicles in the BR.

In my days in logistics, there was generally less backstock during those times when we had a "push all" test. We all know the system is far from perfect. Just do it all the time. Only an poorly performing person would open multiple cases of the same thing.

I used to work at the store the NRVSTRIKE did and know personally he is a manipulative person with one agenda to unionize . The problem is he doesn't care about anybody that works there or about anything good I didn't go on there unless it's important agenda to you tonight or is he puts it " former workers coalition " he organize the strike that no one that work then move out with the dissip he organize the strike that no one that work there Knew about or participated in. The only struggles were two brand new point is that got a job there just so they can go on the strike. I am so glad not to have to deal with the stress level that he created . Just when you thought you like shut up and go away .... BOOM. Here he is again.

:eyes:

Then put him on ignore and move on.
It's one of the nice things about a forum as opposed to real life.
That way you don't have to make long posts insulting them when they haven't said anything about you.

Move on.

Order to fill floor. Get truck daily and no need for any or very little in the coolers.

It doesn’t sell in the coolers. We are stocking the floor not the coolers.

My store was not built anticipating to be A volume, and especially not in Market. I talked to my TL. All she could tell me is that sales keep rising, so C&S just keeps sending more. Target needs to get this together if they want to make groceries a long term success.

I've never known paid to bring in a higher caliber of worker or inspire mediocre workers to do better . Higher pay keeps the good workers that trickle in once in a while from leaving and going someplace else . Just my opinion

This is where Target can make a difference by paying these hard workers more. I have seen great employees leave for better pay.

This would be a huge fail at my store. We already have tons of crap sitting around on vehicles in the BR.

At least in open stock we have half a chance at finding it for SFS/OPU on a random tub somewhere? yeah that is getting INF'd.

I have worked some lower pay and higher pay jobs and I have never seen an example of a person that's work ethics or quality of work changed because of pay. If they suck at $7 an hour they will at $20. If they call out all the time at $10 an hour they do a $15 an hour. If there work is half ass at $12 hr it is at $22 hr. The only change raising pay makes is you're able to keep the good people that do a good job and show up every day there's just have them go somewhere else for higher pay. Higher pay never made a slacker not a slacker. I can't tell you how often I hear people I'm working with complaining about how they deserve so much more money . I'm thinking, you don't deserve what your getting many times.

You're absolutely right about the UBouts though . They have one or two people come in for four hours and pull 17 U-boats off the truck . No way those two people are going to get all that pushed. Not even going into the pulls that will be added.
I agree that higher pay doesn't turn a slacker into a great worker. However, there is something about initially attracting applicants and retaining employees who are good workers. Low pay does not attract good applicants. And it doesn't help retain good employees either. (I'm not a supporter of the $15 minimum for entry-level jobs. I am a supporter of rewarding good employees with decent pay raises.)

Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth I worked in the specialty meats department in grocery store chain.
It was unionized and locally owned.
Many of the people who worked there had been there for decades, owned homes, and put their kids through college on what they made working retail.
We were paid well, had insurance, decent hours and the company had picnics.
The employees stayed and worked hard because they cared about their jobs and knew the company was a good one to work for.
That "locally owned" part, I bet, made a LOT of difference. I try to support local businesses when I can, even if I have to pay a little more.

Order to fill floor. Get truck daily and no need for any or very little in the coolers.

It doesn’t sell in the coolers. We are stocking the floor not the coolers.

AGREE WITH THIS 100%, I remember receiving NOP Yogurt, 3-4 weeks before set time, and having at least half of it go instant QMOS, when the product hit shelves.

Then put him on ignore and move on.
It's one of the nice things about a forum as opposed to real life.
That way you don't have to make long posts insulting them when they haven't said anything about you.

Move on.
They are misrepresenting themselves and sense when did information become an insult. I simply let know what they were about from the perspective of someone who actually dealt with them. Even before I commented he had already started rubbing people the wrong way as the comments show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back