Archived STORE KEYS TAKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i signed out a set of store keys and left them in a basket while i was working. The store AP took them and hid them saying i left the keys unattended. My question is should i expect to not have a job when i go to work tomorrow?

What kind of keys? More than likely you will be coached if it was just some workcenter key since the keys were found.

I'm going to assume it wasn't literally a set of master keys to the store, and it was just a set for electronics or something.

At worst, you'd get put on final warning. You won't get fired since you didn't actually lose them.

My old STL said store key loss is automatic firing and it costs like $10k+ to re-key the store. It'll be a coaching, worst case CA....?

I lost SFS keys (used for electronics/backroom) a few months ago and am on a final for it, but mine were never found, so I'm sure you'll be OK.

I've lost keys before, they don't care much at my store. One set was lost for a week with electronics keys and no one cared. It depends on the store, but yeah I would keep your keys on you at all times when they're signed out to you

What kind of keys? Might be a CA or final. You would still have a job at my store.

I'm going to assume it wasn't literally a set of master keys to the store, and it was just a set for electronics or something.

At worst, you'd get put on final warning. You won't get fired since you didn't actually lose them.

This. Probably won't be a coaching but either a CA or final. No term though.

I hate to say it but they don't play when it comes to that stuff. Store in my district had their stl termed because he didn't lock up the store.

My old STL said store key loss is automatic firing and it costs like $10k+ to re-key the store. It'll be a coaching, worst case CA....?

Worst case is a final. I would be shocked if he doesn't get a CA.

CA if you are a TM and they were workcenter keys. Final if you are LOD and they were store keys.

I would recommend a lanyard you can wear around you if you're prone to losing them (I know I can put something down and completely forget)

I would recommend a lanyard you can wear around you if you're prone to losing them (I know I can put something down and completely forget)
Lanyards are so good best 5 bucks I ever spent

AP tends to have clips for keys too, they gave us one with a clip and extender thingy that was the best until someone broke it

Not really sure here, were you in the vicinity or what? If you were on the other side of the store for 2 hours, sure, CCA. If you were in the next aisle and had just been using them, maybe coaching for negligence. Kind of annoying that they took the keys and pretended like you lost them.

Lanyards are so good best 5 bucks I ever spent

AP tends to have clips for keys too, they gave us one with a clip and extender thingy that was the best until someone broke it
I bought carabiners for every set in our store. Color coded so lod can grab/ count them quick. they were wicked cheap and the best couple bucks I've spent in years.

Not really sure here, were you in the vicinity or what? If you were on the other side of the store for 2 hours, sure, CCA. If you were in the next aisle and had just been using them, maybe coaching for negligence. Kind of annoying that they took the keys and pretended like you lost them.

This seems to be the SOP now. Especially if you put your zebra or pda down. They wait until you ask for it over walkie then embarrass you.

My new AP TL is a a scary dude. I dont want to lose anything. He's also prior-military.

I lost a set of electronics keys a couple years ago. I immediately told my TL and the LOD about it, who had AP follow me on the camera the next day. They were found on a locking peghook. I just got a coaching, because they were recovered and I brought it to the attention of my leaders asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back