Archived Store Manager start using petnames when she's talking to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes

just be like "could you not"

probably in a more professional way. maybe.

having the stl call you petnames just opens up the floodgates for all sorts of rumours you don't wanna have to deal w/ if you wanna become a team lead

Ok so you want to become a team leader in the future, and your STL is dropping hints that she's into you...what's the problem then? Sounds like you've got it made!

If you have someone in the store that you can really trust (and I mean really trust), you could ask them to privately ask her about it next time they hear her say it and make sure they don't say they're asking on your behalf.

Shoot right back at her and call her HONEY straight at her FACE

Shoot right back at her and call her HONEY straight at her FACE

Or even better Honeybritches, whats good for the gander is good for the the goose after all.

No, really a polite, professional, private conversation where you explain that the pet name thing makes you feel uncomfortable in a work environment but maybe not in bed (sorry, I really am a child), is going to be your best bet.
I've worked with folks who don't always realize they have stepped over that boundary, usually they are older and from the South but it can be other areas as well.

The fact she does this in front of others leads me to believe she treats everyone that way.

If an STL wanted to creep with a tm and risk their six figure salary she probably would try to hide it.

Great advice by the wise commie. If it truly bothers you, privately let her know she will be glad you didn't get others involved.

giphy.gif

You said it started today. Give a bit of time first. maybe she was just in a really good mood for some reason and tomorrow it'll be back to "hey you". (not really, but you get my point).

If it does continue, then as others have said a private conversation would be in order.

As mentioned above, I'd give it a few days and see if she calls other team members by pet names as well.

Some managers think it helps build working relationships with coworkers. Other do it because they can't remember people's names and are too lazy to read name tags. Others try to seem cool.

I had a complaint about a manager I worked with... a 20-something female team member swore that the soft lines manager had a crush on her because he kept calling her "Lola." Well the manager was a 55 year old gay man who called all the women associates "Lola." He couldn't keep names straight, so just called everyone one name. Why Lola? Because his favorite song was Copacabana.

Meh, I'm really not one to be forward like that. It's not that I don't like her, all I was looking to do was keep my head on right and do my job as best as I can.

But shit is she making that hard...
If you think she's coming onto you, and if you think you can get away with "fraternizing" outside of work, give it a try.

Meh, I'm really not one to be forward like that. It's not that I don't like her, all I was looking to do was keep my head on right and do my job as best as I can.

But shit is she making that hard...
You're better than me man....

Dating a manager is bad enough hooking up with an STL is just stupid.

Should anything go wrong you are getting thrown so far under the bus.

He is SrMemez, so I don't believe he's being too serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back