Archived Store remodels

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s to differentiate for stores that have separate OPU pickup. I don’t like it either

Personally, I like our sign that says “Any other questions? We’re here to help.” That to me feels the most personal and welcoming.
All remodeled and new stores should have a separate desk for registry and OPU.

It’s actually the best thing ever. When you’re swamped with returns it’s so amazing to not have to ALSO deal with the long line for OPUs or even care about how much the zebras are honking. So nice to hear a honk and not be filled with panic I can just ignore it.

It’s actually the best thing ever. When you’re swamped with returns it’s so amazing to not have to ALSO deal with the long line for OPUs or even care about how much the zebras are honking. So nice to hear a honk and not be filled with panic I can just ignore it.
As long as their staffed with 2 people the majority of the time they’re great. Breaks, early morning and late nights aren’t necessary most places but have 2 separated desks requires 2 people “most” of the time

All remodeled and new stores should have a separate desk for registry and OPU.
As long as their staffed with 2 people the majority of the time they’re great. Breaks, early morning and late nights aren’t necessary most places but have 2 separated desks requires 2 people “most” of the time
In the store where I work, we theoretically have two desks. In practice though, OPU and Guest Service are still done at the same desk. This probably has a lot to do with the gift registry tablets taking up 80%+ of the OPU desk, and that there is only one person scheduled to watch both desks.

Mid remodel here and I really hope they plan to change things up more than how they have it. Some parts of the store are so confusing and poorly thought out and in one section of the store, the aisles are so narrow you can barely fit a standard cart through but maybe they are just temporarily moving stuff over and around for now and plan to fix it later. Plus they haven't tied items to the correct locations, you just need to kind of figure it out I guess. It is such a cluster fuck and great for people pushing or working in fulfillment especially because it changes everyday without notice or explanation.

Last edited:
Mid remodel here and I really hope they plan to change things up more than how they have it. Some parts of the store are so confusing and poorly thought out and in one section of the store, the aisles are so narrow you can barely fit a standard cart through but maybe they are just temporarily moving stuff over and around for now and plan to fix it later. Plus they haven't tied items to the correct locations, you just need to kind of figure it out I guess. It is such a cluster fuck and great for people pushing or working in fulfillment especially because it changes everyday without notice or explanation.

After our stores remodel the only section that turned out to be really tight was toys you cant get 2 carts down the aisles. Nothing but guest complaints there.

I must say I have almost zero faith in this remodel process now. So many things are messed up. I can only hope they plan to fix it soon but I might as well make voodoo dolls of the remodel leads.

i think post remodel is gonna be my chance to get my ETL to start putting two people at the desk

I must say I have almost zero faith in this remodel process now. So many things are messed up. I can only hope they plan to fix it soon but I might as well make voodoo dolls of the remodel leads.
Voodoo dolls! Why didn't I think of that during my store's remodel? Maybe it would have discouraged them from the <expletive deleted> polished concrete floors that are wrecking everyone's legs and backs.

Driving past tonight, it looks like they've taken up half the lot. Not just TM parking, but guests as well. Most of the trailers I saw are straight out the front doors.

I think a lot of times, the aisles are moved around overnight. It probably won't stay that narrow forever

53. Fifty-three. It is in fact seriously the entire back half of our lot.

I am *so* glad I'm on a personal LOA right now ....

My store was remodeled late last year. Then they decided they didn't like the beauty section and redid that again earlier this year. Instead of paying to redo an entire section of the store, why couldn't those funds be used to pay for more hours and get everything pushed and zoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back