Archived Store tie application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get a chance to use it yet? I was able to use it on two end caps in mmb that had POG dates of June 2011. They were light as heck and keeping them stocked was a hassle. I really like it!

Excuse my ignorance, but HUH? What is the "store tie" application?

It's where you can tie individual DPCIs to endcaps (and maybe aisles?). That's all I know.

Can you tie it to endcaps that already have a POG tied there? Do you have to make up a schematic/ facings/ capacities?

It's where you can tie individual DPCIs to endcaps (and maybe aisles?). That's all I know.

Can you tie it to endcaps that already have a POG tied there? Do you have to make up a schematic/ facings/ capacities?

REALLY now? That would be awesome! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to do that...

It is only for end caps and side caps as it will only let you type in 0 or 99 for the locations. It also only asks for capacities no schematics or facings. It won't let you do it to current tied POGs, you would have to untie the POG first. I was able to use it because the two end caps had POGs back from June and had nothing tied to them.

You go into the application. You type in an aisle like, say, A32. Then you type in 0 or 99 and scan the items one by one being added. After each scan it asks for the capacity, once entered you touch "tie" and the item is tied to that end cap. When you scan it in item search it shows up "A32 (0) Str Tie."

It really is a neat feature. I haven't seen if it pops up on Instocks task list though, if it does that, then it really would be great.

Last edited:
GTC to you itsthefiveofus...

Yeah that does sound like a usefull feature. How do you get to it exactly? RF APPS? I'll have to remember to use this next time we have an empty endcap, although in electronics we usually have a Planogram tied to almost all the endcaps except our Discontinued stuff.

Thanks! You get to the application under all applicatons. First scroll down I believe. One of my ETLs said it was a new appplication added to the new software release and that our system updated the previous night. So I'm sure you got it, or will.

Haven't used it yet! They mentioned the rollout awhile ago but haven't heard anything since early Jan.

That sounds freaking amazing. How do you go about breaking it? Just rescan the product?

Wow, Had no idea this could finially be done. Great way to minimize the scorched earth that a free standind endcap has. Where did you find this function at?

You can re scan the item and then type in 0 for the capacity then hit update tie. You can also just tie a new POG to the end cap as well. When you sign in and hit "My Work" hit All Applications and just scroll down to it. The square is purple and it says STR Tie in white letters on it.

You can re scan the item and then type in 0 for the capacity then hit update tie. You can also just tie a new POG to the end cap as well. When you sign in and hit "My Work" hit All Applications and just scroll down to it. The square is purple and it says STR Tie in white letters on it.

Gtc to five!
I will ck that feature out.

That is great!! I could have used that app when I was flexing in games this week. Now, what is procedure for breaking the tie? That is where the problem would arise..

Can't wait to go back in on Sunday and try this. I just flexed a bunch of Valentines day videos on my kids Valentines day book endcap. It would be great to see them get replenished by tying them to the endcap!:)

Store tie function not available in my store till winter rollout for software Feb 29. Interesting start but not all it could be. You can only use it on endcaps and sidecaps that do not have another POG tied to it. So basically its letting you account for free standing endcaps which is good for nop zoners, signing apps, in stocks not zeroing unlocated bulk etc. Wont help you prop up a weak salesplanner or add nop merchandise to a pog to try and sell it at full price before it goes clearance. There is a training card printable for the program on workbench by just looking up store tie application if you want all the details

This in theory is an excellent idea, and to be honest I have always wished we had this. However with everyone running around tieing product I can only see it ending in tears. Curious people that have tried it yet. Have you noticed any knock on effects with over pulling or screwing up the accumulator? and conformation if they pop up in instocks tasks?

Anyone get a chance to use it yet? I was able to use it on two end caps in mmb that had POG dates of June 2011. They were light as heck and keeping them stocked was a hassle. I really like it!

Won't get this function till the end of the month. We will see how it goes.

This in theory is an excellent idea, and to be honest I have always wished we had this. However with everyone running around tieing product I can only see it ending in tears. Curious people that have tried it yet. Have you noticed any knock on effects with over pulling or screwing up the accumulator? and conformation if they pop up in instocks tasks?

No data on that yet. I think it will move certain dept faster. Like paper & others.

Store tied end caps do appear on the Instocks Task List, so happy about that. Our Instocks TL was ecstatic when she saw that the end caps came up on the task list. The only end caps that I know are store tied are just three over in mmb. I am not sure if there are any other ones, though won't be surprised if there are. Though, management hasn't really been telling anyone about the application. I think it is to avoid people messing with end caps all over the place.

Store tied end caps do appear on the Instocks Task List, so happy about that. Our Instocks TL was ecstatic when she saw that the end caps came up on the task list. The only end caps that I know are store tied are just three over in mmb. I am not sure if there are any other ones, though won't be surprised if there are. Though, management hasn't really been telling anyone about the application. I think it is to avoid people messing with end caps all over the place.

Its a great idea, but I fear the same thing for my store... There are certain leaders who have been around a long time, and I know they will just fake tie the real SPs and make their own "better" ones...

Its a great idea, but I fear the same thing for my store... There are certain leaders who have been around a long time, and I know they will just fake tie the real SPs and make their own "better" ones...

Yeah I read the update notes this morning, and I have to agree in the wrong hands it is just going to be a pain. (I can just see them screwing up the accumulator now)
But to be honest at my store the lazy SF-TL's don't even own there own PTM aisles let alone give them something else to do, So i'm not overly concerned.

But I have to say as BR/IS-TL I am super excited. Having tied discontinued endcaps should make it easier for pricing to find there product also which has always been a challenge at my store.

Yeah I read the update notes this morning, and I have to agree in the wrong hands it is just going to be a pain. (I can just see them screwing up the accumulator now)
But to be honest at my store the lazy SF-TL's don't even own there own PTM aisles let alone give them something else to do, So i'm not overly concerned.

But I have to say as BR/IS-TL I am super excited. Having tied discontinued endcaps should make it easier for pricing to find there product also which has always been a challenge at my store.

Definitely I can see it being an awesome tool in driving accuracy in almost every process... Instocks, Pricing, Flow etc will all benefit if this tool is used in the right ways! However, I can see a SFTL having an empty endcap and if they are in furniture they could either A) Look for a SP that is due and set it or B) If the endcap that is due is something hard to set (ie frames in furniture) they could just fake tie that SP somewhere (getting it off the report) and instead force tie some ottomans or something... I am very happy for this tool and it will be an awesome roll out that is long overdue, just some SFTLs (at least in my store) will assume they know better and just make a SPs their own way :)

Definitely I can see it being an awesome tool in driving accuracy in almost every process... Instocks, Pricing, Flow etc will all benefit if this tool is used in the right ways! However, I can see a SFTL having an empty endcap and if they are in furniture they could either A) Look for a SP that is due and set it or B) If the endcap that is due is something hard to set (ie frames in furniture) they could just fake tie that SP somewhere (getting it off the report) and instead force tie some ottomans or something... I am very happy for this tool and it will be an awesome roll out that is long overdue, just some SFTLs (at least in my store) will assume they know better and just make a SPs their own way :)

Lol yeah, that's the trouble with my store. People are always trying to re-invent the system to their benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back