Archived Store tie application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got store tie this week and test drove it today. Nice audit function built into it. Ties show up in item search almost immediately but not in nop so far. If anyone out there has had access to it for a couple of months can you verify whether it impacted replenishment on tied items if left tied for longer than 4 weeks. This seems like the nightmare scenario, getting replen on stuff you were trying to get rid of because your store is light on product to fill endcaps with salesplanners in the first place. Other than that its pretty sweet so far. Ties do not show up on the sales floor tie report, just the store tie report.

I used it this week, too. Pretty nifty, and the rest of my team is equally as excited!

We have been keeping a log of d-code video games that have been flexed in, and before I left on Friday I went ahead and store tied all of the d-code stuff inline to section 99, since we have no sidecaps on the video game browser aisles. Hopefully this makes things easier not only for the electronics team, but for pricing when its markdown time.

As excited as I am about the use of this function for instocks, electronics and GSTL's I am scared to death about what happens when SuzySalesfloor can't figure out where to put the reshop and Bazinga! It's tied to some random endcap. I would like to see the use of this function limited as much as EXF is.

We have been keeping a log of d-code video games that have been flexed in, and before I left on Friday I went ahead and store tied all of the d-code stuff inline to section 99, since we have no sidecaps on the video game browser aisles. Hopefully this makes things easier not only for the electronics team, but for pricing when its markdown time.

How would this be beneficial to anyone? Yes, they'll be located but if your tieing them to a sidecap, it would still be a hunt when it comes time to find them (since their tied to a location that doesn't exist). Maybe i'm missing something. But I don't see how it would help.

How would this be beneficial to anyone? Yes, they'll be located but if your tieing them to a sidecap, it would still be a hunt when it comes time to find them (since their tied to a location that doesn't exist). Maybe i'm missing something. But I don't see how it would help.

When location 1-4-3 is out of stock of "Madden 2012" per say, he'll just flex it with a d-code item. As long as the list you're keeping is up to date, it'll be extremely easy for pricing to locate the item, as it's side to this sidecap. Once they know it's on the floor, they can partner with the elecTM and look at the log to see where everything is.

When location 1-4-3 is out of stock of "Madden 2012" per say, he'll just flex it with a d-code item. As long as the list you're keeping is up to date, it'll be extremely easy for pricing to locate the item, as it's side to this sidecap. Once they know it's on the floor, they can partner with the elecTM and look at the log to see where everything is.

Won't it still tell pricing where the item is? So in the example of say there being an empty spot in aisle H19 (1) 1-4-3... If you flex a dcoded game into that spot you could tie it to H19 (99) 1-4-3 and then pricing just needs to know that the (99) is basically the same as (1) just store made?

Won't it still tell pricing where the item is? So in the example of say there being an empty spot in aisle H19 (1) 1-4-3... If you flex a dcoded game into that spot you could tie it to H19 (99) 1-4-3 and then pricing just needs to know that the (99) is basically the same as (1) just store made?

Can't put schematic numbers no 1-4-3 or 1-p1-23. Just location number (end caps or sidecaps) and then enter capacities.

You'll still need to keep a list..... Therfore tieing it doesn't really do anything.

This sucks, the "store-tied" location only shows up in item search, and not in nop under RF Apps. Flow and Backroom TMs aren't going to fill the tied location, as they usually only push stuff using nop.

We only flex out d-code video games over labels for NCF/d-code that is no longer in stock. Even though there is no place for a schematic, it is a big help for pricing to know exactly what has been flexed in, and to have it indicated on the PDA, especially if our PA TL is not doing electronics that day.

I too am curious about the impact on replenishment.

Also being as you can not do a New POG fill, does it assume that when you set the capacity that the endcap is 100% full, just curious as to how this is going to affect the sales accumulator.

This sucks, the "store-tied" location only shows up in item search, and not in nop under RF Apps. Flow and Backroom TMs aren't going to fill the tied location, as they usually only push stuff using nop.

not sure how it's gonna work for us, going to try it next week. As for tm's not filling end caps, I have 1 flow tm that is always pushing market so I just let her know what I'm doing and she keeps an eye on it for me. Plus, I always try to give a head's up at huddles to all tm's to check the endcaps first. Mine only do a major change like once a month so it's not too bad. Part of my daily routine is to check my end caps and if they need filling, I get either a br tm or one of the leads to pull the product for me.

Was discussing alternative uses for the store tie application with an ETL. Our store has a hard time keeping gatorade in stock, but we cannot convince anyone above us to increase our OTL/shelf capacity to maintain better instocks. The idea occured to us that if we set a store tie location with it and increased shelf capacities this way that theoretically if the sales supported it our replenishment could be based on the new capacity we added using store tie. Can anyone advise on the logistical validity of doing this?

Was discussing alternative uses for the store tie application with an ETL. Our store has a hard time keeping gatorade in stock, but we cannot convince anyone above us to increase our OTL/shelf capacity to maintain better instocks. The idea occured to us that if we set a store tie location with it and increased shelf capacities this way that theoretically if the sales supported it our replenishment could be based on the new capacity we added using store tie. Can anyone advise on the logistical validity of doing this?

Hmm that is a good question... I bet it could effect the OTL and presentation minimums and make it so you guys would receive more and keep more OH at one time (theoretically at least)... I guess the question would be, does the DC have enough of the product to be able to use store tie in this manner? The DC doesn't just sit on an infinite amount of product, and they have an inventory based off of sales (and upcoming ad product) as well... so if something is on an upcoming endcap/ad rotation, Target knows EVERY store will be setting that and get extra product into their DC... If its a store tie, I wonder if there would ever be inventory to support this? That is assuming store tie can effect the accumulator in that way in the first place?

If the purpose of Store Tie was designed to get excess BR merch onto the floor via endcaps, then I doubt it will affect OTL counts.

The initial rollout for how to use the application actually warns you about leaving ties for longer than 30 days, but does not get to specific about why. I am guessing the basis of that is the generation of more sales and an increased capacity could justify increased replenishment if left in place long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back