Stores with positive cases?

My store has two positive cases and we’re not closing. & sewing as they aren’t closing to atleast clean for a week it shows. Corporate really does not care about their employees or guest just money. Two positive cases definitely means we have way more floating around
I’m in the same boat. And the idea that management did any cleaning makes me laugh.

You actually got someone to test? They won't test anyone here unless they are about to put a tube down their throat in the hospital.
I think it depends where you are. If you’re in somewhere like New York where they’re doing 18,000 tests per day, you shouldn’t have an issue.

@qmosqueen To be fair I was a bit dramatic when I said we’re hiring. I’m reality we’ve rehired a handful of previous TMs (and even a TL) and we accepted a transfer we might not normally have had room for. All of these hires know what they’re doing and left on good terms for their careers. But their careers are on hold and they’re doers, not the sit at home and collect unemployment checks types. As soon as we settle in to whatever our new normal is they’ll go back to their former lives and our LOA TMs will have their positions back.

@qmosqueen To be fair I was a bit dramatic when I said we’re hiring. I’m reality we’ve rehired a handful of previous TMs (and even a TL) and we accepted a transfer we might not normally have had room for. All of these hires know what they’re doing and left on good terms for their careers. But their careers are on hold and they’re doers, not the sit at home and collect unemployment checks types. As soon as we settle in to whatever our new normal is they’ll go back to their former lives and our LOA TMs will have their positions back.
How soon do you expect that to happen?

I’m fairly certain we have had it at my store. A few people have requested leave after calling in sick. One person was very sick before they went on leave but no confirmation of what they had.

We haven't had any yet but they have two team members cleaning all kinds of surfaces including carts and they shut down food ave,Starbucks,deli and bakery just to be safe.

I came in a few days ago and was pulled into the TLO by HR. She told me that we have two confirmed cases in the store and they are telling the rest of us we can look into LOAs if we are interested. What I found intriguing was to me, and to a few others I spoke to, it sounds like they are trying to convince us to take LOAs. A lot of the TMs in my store are now gone (it happened way faster than I was expecting!) so I'm trying to figure out what their game plan is. Closing for a few days and cleaning the hell out of everything would be a good idea because it's definitely not just two people...but what do I know? I just work there

Few days wouldn't cut it. Someone can pass the virus on for days before symptoms appear.

Trying to find the number of days, I found out that fever is not always present. Kinda scary, my weird cold from hell that did not have a stuffy nose, not even a little, is looking a little suspect now, even though I had a normal temperature.

No cases at my store that I know of. We have multiple TMs on cleaning shifts and most people in my area are taking my state's shelter-in-place order and social distancing seriously. (Not everyone, like the stupid guest this morning who had to get way too close to me to ask where the fake fingernails are. Anyway!) Several TMs are already on LOA; wouldn't be surprised if more go on LOA, but it'd be rough if they do. Our online orders have been huge - pretty sure that everyone who wants hours is getting all the hours they want because of it.

No cases at my store that I know of. We have multiple TMs on cleaning shifts and most people in my area are taking my state's shelter-in-place order and social distancing seriously. (Not everyone, like the stupid guest this morning who had to get way too close to me to ask where the fake fingernails are. Anyway!) Several TMs are already on LOA; wouldn't be surprised if more go on LOA, but it'd be rough if they do. Our online orders have been huge - pretty sure that everyone who wants hours is getting all the hours they want because of it.

Open approval for OT for all the fulfillment TM's. You want work 12hrs a day for six days = approved. But most people are just adding hours.

Few days wouldn't cut it. Someone can pass the virus on for days before symptoms appear.

Trying to find the number of days, I found out that fever is not always present. Kinda scary, my weird cold from hell that did not have a stuffy nose, not even a little, is looking a little suspect now, even though I had a normal temperature.

I went to the hospital for an unrelated issue and I heard some nurses talking about this. A couple of them got colds in January that were awful and now are wondering if they already had it.

A couple of them got colds in January that were awful and now are wondering if they already had it.
Possibly, but at that time, it probably would have been fairly easy to track exposure in this country because there were so few cases outside of China. It might be interesting if those nurses got tested now and still had antibodies. I had a cold around mid-February with a fever and a whole lot of coughing, no congestion to speak of, but I don't think it was covid-19. From what I've read about it, the coughing I had was bad (went through more than a whole bag of cough drops), but not that bad. And the infection rate is higher than for regular colds and flu - seems like a lot of others around me would have been sick too.

Back