Archived Strays / Reshop Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store mostly everyone always gets theirs with the exception of toys who has to be called for multiple times. Our TL has one person from each block grab the cart and push their "store" and then hand it off to the next person in the block to save time. I definitely like it better than having beauty push all the reshop which is what would happen before.

usually i give up a cashier or two from the closing team to do reshop or help zone as a way to give back to the GM team

depends on the night, but i'm generally able to spare someone between 8pm and 11pm. these past couple of nights have been pretty heavy traffic up front at my store from what i've heard, though.

My point is that at my store they do absolutely none of what you are talking about...the way you describe how the front end still helps the rest of the store when times are slow sounds like a dream from the past....my 4 hour a truck day person has to do bullseye, candy, cl freight and reshop with no help...the overflowing 3 tier of checklanes\bullseye\candy reshop takes about an hour of her 4 hr shift everyday...zero hours given to do cl endcap resets or pc.....cashiers aren't even allowed to zone their lanes when we are slow....not allowed to touch sl tables....don't participate in cart rallies.....asants I guess but at my store modernization has made the front end hated as they don't help with anything......I'll try to remember when posting that not all stores are like this but believe me some are......lol to calling for cashier backup to bts for push help i think this every day when I hear them crying up front because they have 2 guests in each line and don't know what to do.....oh and btw switching tl jobs to go to a setl is never a lateral move, our worst gm tl was told either switch to something you can handle or quit. Toodles
I tend to agree. But on the actual topic of reshops, it is actually not a hard problem to solve. All areas should clear reshops once a shift. Then the closing experts clear out GS at night.

That works. I don't personally call out reshops often, because it's annoying. The TLs walk past, see what's piling up, and they can make a decision. It's their workflow.

We don't hang for style, but we do retag. If we could get people properly trained in just that, it would be great. But now everyone is supposed to get trained, so first things first.

As for the hysteria over backups, I hear you. What I see is how the front end still isn't focused on guests. If so, they would hustle when it's busy.

Anyway, can't solve it all in a day.

usually i give up a cashier or two from the closing team to do reshop or help zone as a way to give back to the GM team

How many people do you normally have? I feel so spoiled when we have 4 (one is GS) plus the SETL (who leaves at 9:30). If that happens and it is dead, I might get to push bullseye which I love doing because it's way better than standing there and I can give back to the folks that come help backup. We had this last night, but it was busy. Normally, when I work, the SETL leaves early or wasn't scheduled that day and only 3 people are on the schedule to close, including the one for GS. When it really sucks the last person went home at 8 and one of the closers called out.

I finally talked with my team leads and got it all figured out. They made a plan so that the gm team gets the reshop when they first come in, We have it down to about one or two carts now, and it's looking much better back there. But it does bring me comfort seeing that my store isn't the only one that struggles with this.

My point is that at my store they do absolutely none of what you are talking about...the way you describe how the front end still helps the rest of the store when times are slow sounds like a dream from the past....my 4 hour a truck day person has to do bullseye, candy, cl freight and reshop with no help...the overflowing 3 tier of checklanes\bullseye\candy reshop takes about an hour of her 4 hr shift everyday...zero hours given to do cl endcap resets or pc.....cashiers aren't even allowed to zone their lanes when we are slow....not allowed to touch sl tables....don't participate in cart rallies.....asants I guess but at my store modernization has made the front end hated as they don't help with anything......I'll try to remember when posting that not all stores are like this but believe me some are......lol to calling for cashier backup to bts for push help i think this every day when I hear them crying up front because they have 2 guests in each line and don't know what to do.....oh and btw switching tl jobs to go to a setl is never a lateral move, our worst gm tl was told either switch to something you can handle or quit. Toodles
Sorry I missed this... not that it matters but I personally was moved due to my peer team-leads performances. NOT MINE. Then along comes modernization and we are over headcount by 3. Only 3 GMTL spots and those went to 20 plus yr vets! I don’t care anymore where or what my title is at all. I just want to be a leader that supports my STORE. While I appreciate everyone’s thoughts/ opinions. Everyone is entitled to it. So, I really hope that you are NOT a leader and I’m basing this on how much of a non-team player your comments make you sound. “Crying because there are 2 guests” and “ most hated area that does nothing” THEY ARE HATED FOR NOT helping you do your job because they aren’t allowed...? If my SD sees a guest walking near checkout with 2 guests waiting. As an SETL I’m calling for backup and my team can hate me, but they are hating the wrong thing entirely. GET A BACKUP or Promote to guest!??? I would like to ask a question to anyone that reads my rant and welcome any answers. Why would SPOT want us to no longer act like a team, and better yet lose it all by having teams take each other down and instill that much power to one person..? The doors can’t even be unlocked and open for business with one person!!

Apparently Spot wants to operate stores as cheaply as possible by cutting as much payroll and as many expenses as possible. Corporate seems to think that they can accomplish more work with fewer people and less hours if they put people under incredible stress to accomplish more and more with less and less under the threat of losing their jobs if they fail, and if this constant pressure to finish their own tasks means that teamwork vanishes, and teams begin to hate each other, well, Spot doesn’t seem to care as long as they have those extra bucks for corporate bonuses and perks and keeping the shareholders on board. If they think this dog eat dog culture leads to a pleasant atmosphere for guests or team members (who exiting Spot in droves), they need to to wake up and smell the coffee, and I don’t mean lolling around at Starbucks...

Apparently Spot wants to operate stores as cheaply as possible by cutting as much payroll and as many expenses as possible. Corporate seems to think that they can accomplish more work with fewer people and less hours if they put people under incredible stress to accomplish more and more with less and less under the threat of losing their jobs if they fail, and if this constant pressure to finish their own tasks means that teamwork vanishes, and teams begin to hate each other, well, Spot doesn’t seem to care as long as they have those extra bucks for corporate bonuses and perks and keeping the shareholders on board. If they think this dog eat dog culture leads to a pleasant atmosphere for guests or team members (who exiting Spot in droves), they need to to wake up and smell the coffee, and I don’t mean lolling around at Starbucks...

congrats on describing almost every single publicly traded company on earth ??

Therein lied the goal of maga.
Everyone is a slave to corporate giant or else. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back