Archived Street Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain if anything is changing for those of us who do the street date revisions every week? What is the new vendor coming in supposed to do and is our job going to be changing as a result? The vendor talked to me yesterday about the space she'll need in our backroom (which is already extremely limited... of course) and also that we are not supposed to touch certain boxes that come in until she has gone through every single one. She only comes in 2 days a week for 4 hours at a time... so not sure how that's going to work out. She doesn't come in till 1:30 either so if I'm still suppposed to be pushing my street date stuff that I've set, that could be a problem if I have to wait for her to go through every box before I can touch them. Just curious what others have learned about this, because no one seems to know anything at my store and my STL has been on vaca. Also... any tips or tricks on how to get the signing on those darn white towers that we have now for movies? My fingers were hurting so bad after taking way too much time to get those things on! They don't stay up long enough for that time and pain if you ask me... but the vendor noticed that they weren't put up for the grinch tower (because we didn't have the time to spend to put anything other than the topper on it that just slides on easily). I guess that's part of her job... to check and make sure the proper things are out and signed correctly... and take pics of it all.

From what I understand, the vendor is to audit their area, pull and push what comes out of the backroom, and take care of discontinued merch. Except for Disney product which we still own all of the process. We push all new product because we want the floor filled not full of empty sections or holes.

Regarding the tower, first, remove the old signing by cutting it in 2 lengthwise with a box cutter. Next, get an orange puller to remove the old fasteners. The little one they send with each new set is shit because the prongs are so thin they bend. Follow the instructions on where the shelves should be and adjust accordingly. Take the new signs and fold back and forth at the creases so they are more workable when you go to attach them to the tower. An important part: make sure all the shelf supports have the bottom corner braces all on the same sides because the signs will go on the sides without these corner braces. Tuck the bottom of the sign in to the bottom of the tower and start folding the corners. They should now go on easier because you loosened them up. Start inserting the fasteners starting at the top and working down. Once finished attaching both sides, put on the tower's topper and put the holders on each shelf. Lable, ad sign, fill with product, and roll to the checklanes (or wherever they are placed at your store). Most important things to remember: pre work the folds and make sure the signs are placed on the sides without the corner braces at the bottom of the shelf supports.

Last edited:
Our vendor showed me a email from his company that they are not to do the tower. I told him he needs to show that the dept tl and etl who were both in the building. I later asked the tl if he talked to him and of course tthe answer was no. I haven't asked the etl. This venor told me they have 3 Targets and have until 2 pm to do new release. WHAT is the purpose of this?

Our Vendor is also the same vendor for other things in Electronics/Toys. She comes in 3 days a week. As a store we have all the info regarding this printed out just Incase there’s any issues but so far there’s none. We take care of all push of movies when they come in. All Street dates are organized within our stockroom with the rest of the Street Date product. We are also in the process of getting a huge rolling cart that’s double sided once we get the clear to no longer backstock the movies. That cart should easily help us with pushing and locating movies for guests.

So we just switched over to SBT for movies and no one has any clue what is going. Our TL for electronics was convinced that the vendor would just be like another TM and be fully in charge of pulling/pushing/setting and backstocking and we would just be helping. But from what the email said the exact opposite is true. I just took the time to go through and reorganize all the movies in the backroom and separate the Disney from the SBT stuff and pulled all the NOP SBT stuff and someone is already screwing it up and backstocking things incorrectly.

We separated everything because that is what the email directives we were given said to do. And keeping the Disney stuff together will make it easier for me when the IRs drop in because I can just go to one section of the electronics cage and get the pulls done faster.

But why separate it if you are still responsible to fill ALL movies? We still have our stockroom the same as before. 4k and tv in a section, blue ray in 4 sections and dvds in 3 sections of the regular backstock aisle.

We have our seperated and once we get our cart everything that has locations will be seperated even better by isle and street dates as well

We still do everything. The vendor isn’t responsible for new release.

The vendor will be more like bds and just audit.
Could have changed. A lot of stores got a vendor last year to audit and upkeep MMB but starting last month we went to SBT which requires the vendor to be more active and actually do work.

From what I understand, the vendor is to audit their area, pull and push what comes out of the backroom, and take care of discontinued merch. Except for Disney product which we still own all of the process. We push all new product because we want the floor filled not full of empty sections or holes.

Regarding the tower, first, remove the old signing by cutting it in 2 lengthwise with a box cutter. Next, get an orange puller to remove the old fasteners. The little one they send with each new set is shit because the prongs are so thin they bend. Follow the instructions on where the shelves should be and adjust accordingly. Take the new signs and fold back and forth at the creases so they are more workable when you go to attach them to the tower. An important part: make sure all the shelf supports have the bottom corner braces all on the same sides because the signs will go on the sides without these corner braces. Tuck the bottom of the sign in to the bottom of the tower and start folding the corners. They should now go on easier because you loosened them up. Start inserting the fasteners starting at the top and working down. Once finished attaching both sides, put on the tower's topper and put the holders on each shelf. Lable, ad sign, fill with product, and roll to the checklanes (or wherever they are placed at your store). Most important things to remember: pre work the folds and make sure the signs are placed on the sides without the corner braces at the bottom of the shelf supports.

What does "take care of discontinued merch" mean.

We still set and push movies. The vendor just supplements our work. They are responsible for NOP movies and discontinued movies. We need to set up wacos by studio, 5 of them. My understanding is movies as long as they are active will still be located. Our vendor knows how to pull and sto in the backroom. They had a copy of both the how BR should be set up & what they were vs. what we are responsible. It was very helpful.

After showing the vendor how labor intensive that tower signing is, by letting her try to pull a few of those clips off, I explained if I was to do this every week, I will not use the clips again. Trimming off the wrap around sides, double sticking to top bar with a few pieces of double stick on sides. It works like the big Goodfellas fixture graphics in sl. Good enough for something that only sets for one week. Cutting hours has really honed my arts and craft skills

We did that to the Tower from the start just magnets are what we use instead. we have 2 towers always ready since we tend to get the signage early so the day it comes in is the day it gets set up even if it has to sit in the back for a week. The Stl loved the idea when it was first pitched & apparently from the words of the DTL we are the only store that has been proactive about the tower. Some stores in our district just tie it and never set it apparently.

We did that to the Tower from the start just magnets are what we use instead. we have 2 towers always ready since we tend to get the signage early so the day it comes in is the day it gets set up even if it has to sit in the back for a week. The Stl loved the idea when it was first pitched & apparently from the words of the DTL we are the only store that has been proactive about the tower. Some stores in our district just tie it and never set it apparently.

That is a genius idea and I am going to suggest it to the electronics team to do. We have so many extra towers hanging around the backroom why not? They usually do build it on tower in back, then swap out, but they do it the day it releases so it's never out before store open. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back