Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPR

While I am thankful that we have a job during these hard times, I believe the Corporation has not done enough to address TM concerns that stem from the current pandemic.

As we are considered essential workers for the company (and community), and given the risk of exposure, I believe more pay is needed, as well as more protection. It is also my understanding that it is taking HOURS for TMs to get in contact with the Benefits Center. Quite unacceptable for the Corporation to not have more resources and manpower available to address the influx of questions and requests by TMs.

My store specifically has exceeded daily sales goals for the past few weeks. Target is getting richer while we risk our health and the health of the community. The Corporation appears to not care.

Amazon and Instacart employees have announced their intention to go on strike. Question is, why aren't there any talks for a Target strike?

Last edited:
For 1 we are getting more pay. For 2 you can't exactly blame target for the benefits issues. That isn't managed by Target it's done by an outside company to keep it a neutral party. It's expected during this unexpected event with a lot of people needing to call you're going to have to wait. Is what it is.

Also regarding strike I don't know if you missed something but target is union free and only a union can call a strike. So easy answer there.

For 1 we are getting more pay. For 2 you can't exactly blame target for the benefits issues. That isn't managed by Target it's done by an outside company to keep it a neutral party. It's expected during this unexpected event with a lot of people needing to call you're going to have to wait. Is what it is.

Also regarding strike I don't know if you missed something but target is union free and only a union can call a strike. So easy answer there.

1) $2 is laughable given the potential risk. I would also like to reemphasize the amount of sales they're making during this time. Pretty sure they can afford to pay more.

2) For the benefits issue, they (Target) could consider stepping in given the issues we're currently seeing. That's an option, but nope. Also, it wasn't unexpected as if it happened overnight. The Corporation has had ample amount of time to address the potential issues that could occur.

3) Concerning unions. Are Amazon and Instacart unionized? (Sorry, not familiar, but believe at least one or both aren't?). Nevertheless, unionized or not, I believe Target employees should stand up for better work conditions.

Are the Instacart employees on strike from today??

I believe so. We can also add Whole Foods to the list.

In lieu of a strike, maybe a call out week to set a statement (as mentioned in the above link) due to the lack of union.

Your store might be making sales but other stores are not. I'm sure this is a loss for Target.

Not sure about it being a loss for Target...more data needed on my end. If this is the case, maybe cut down the pay for executives for the lackluster response and care for its TMs.

I think the real question here is if your that upset with your employer why are you still going to work? Take a personal leave. Take time off. Quit. If your unhappy stop being there being unhappy. Targets leave policies are literally to the T of the CDC and osha's recommendations, with the exception of 10 people gathered at a time. They're offering more pay, offering gloves at their cost, offering paid leaves with job protection. We have nothing to complain about. Team members can take a personal leave at anytime for no reason at all right now other then being scared. Comparing to a local medical business that employees 15k people that is laying off medical personal and firing anyone not showing up after 2 shifts during the pandemic. And their start pay is significantly less then ours, no ppe equipment, and no hr representation. We have no place to grumble. If you want the money go to work. If you dont, leave, so that someone that was laid off elsewhere can take your position temporarily or someone in your store can cover your hours. Some people. want to work. Some do not. Make your choice.

For clarification, I reached out to OP via PM. While we encourage free speech, we do walk a fine line. Target has taken legal action against this site in the past, so while healthy discussion is encouraged, burner accounts to start inflammatory threads are not looked upon strongly.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me directly. Also, please refer to the forum rules

The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.

This is a site run by regular people. We do not perform any HR related services or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Do not register here if you are not interested in a forum for discussing Target off-the-clock!

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted expresses the views of its author only.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back