Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe this story not to say you are lying but he had to already be on a corrective. Returning missing keys is only a CA. It's only a final or a term if you lose keys and don't tell anyone

At the time they were trying to implement a "zero tolerance" policy with keys. You're right he could have gotten in trouble for things before that I don't know about but after it happened they were basically like "see we told you guys we were serious about keys" ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

At the time they were trying to implement a "zero tolerance" policy with keys. You're right he could have gotten in trouble for things before that I don't know about but after it happened they were basically like "see we told you guys we were serious about keys" ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

They can't do that. Target has a very strict policy when it comes to firing team members outside their 90. Don't get me wrong many posters here were fired for ridiculous reasons but they also beat spot in court so spot has changed their policies. When it comes to equipment it's pretty cut and dry. You can't just fire someone who returns their keys.

They also can't tell you why they fired someone. Now many leaders talk off the record but they can't go into a huddle and be like. We fired so and so and if you do the same you're next.

Even when team members steal they are "No longer with the company or pursuing other opportunities"

They can't do that. Target has a very strict policy when it comes to firing team members outside their 90. Don't get me wrong many posters here were fired for ridiculous reasons but they also beat spot in court so spot has changed their policies. When it comes to equipment it's pretty cut and dry. You can't just fire someone who returns their keys.

They also can't tell you why they fired someone. Now many leaders talk off the record but they can't go into a huddle and be like. We fired so and so and if you do the same you're next.

Even when team members steal they are "No longer with the company or pursuing other opportunities"

Now I feel dumb for believing it lol this was many years ago when I first started and they would always use scare tactics to get us to do things right. Like my trainer told me if we didn't fold a table completely right that the LOD would come and throw everything on the floor and make you pick it up & refold it :rolleyes: it worked on me though I was terrified to mess up lol

Now I feel dumb for believing it lol this was many years ago when I first started and they would always use scare tactics to get us to do things right. Like my trainer told me if we didn't fold a table completely right that the LOD would come and throw everything on the floor and make you pick it up & refold it :rolleyes: it worked on me though I was terrified to mess up lol
I heard one of the LOD's has placed items on the floor that were not zoned properly, never happened to me but one of my fellow TM saw it happen... She can be a hard ass, she has made us stay extremely late doing reshop in the past

I just walk pass that shit. They tried to get me on it once but my etl over ruled it. Said hid department can't clean up after softlines

Purchasing guidelines say hiding merchandise in the back or in your cart is a fireable offense.

Also says you can be fired for reactivating salvage merchandise and purchasing it clearance

Thank you for saying this because I had no idea we couldn’t buy reactivated salvage merchandise! I know we can’t keep things on our carts or buy from the backroom and things like that but I didn’t know about the salvage. I’m on pricing and we reactivate things quite a bit, and our LODs know we do this and even ask us to on some items especially the larger things. If I want to buy something I will normally leave it on the floor for at least 15 minutes and then buy it when I’m off the clock. But now I will never buy these reactivated things again because any good deal is not worth my job!

Is it ok for me to buy regular clearance items that I marked down? Or is that bad too? I never buy the online items.

Also should we not reactivate any salavge? Even for guests? I don’t want to be doing anything that’s against the rules and I hate that I already have but I honestly didn’t know.

Thank you for saying this because I had no idea we couldn’t buy reactivated salvage merchandise! I know we can’t keep things on our carts or buy from the backroom and things like that but I didn’t know about the salvage. I’m on pricing and we reactivate things quite a bit, and our LODs know we do this and even ask us to on some items especially the larger things. If I want to buy something I will normally leave it on the floor for at least 15 minutes and then buy it when I’m off the clock. But now I will never buy these reactivated things again because any good deal is not worth my job!

Is it ok for me to buy regular clearance items that I marked down? Or is that bad too? I never buy the online items.

Also should we not reactivate any salavge? Even for guests? I don’t want to be doing anything that’s against the rules and I hate that I already have but I honestly didn’t know.

As long as you're following the 15 minute rule and not hiding it, I'm pretty sure you're fine on buying regular clearance. Reactivating salvage for guests, I'd check with the LOD just to cover your ass.

The not being able to reactivate salvage thing frustrates me because as a receiving I see so many neat things go salvage that I would have thrown my money at if I had known about them even a couple days beforehand.

The not being able to reactivate salvage thing frustrates me because as a receiving I see so many neat things go salvage that I would have thrown my money at if I had known about them even a couple days beforehand.
The PATL we used to have was pretty savvy about what items he thought would sell if an additional markdown were taken & leadership was cool with it.
He did have a TM who got termed for stashing stuff on her cart to buy later, tho.
I always used @Ahem's method: if it's meant to be, it'll be there when I check later.

A couple times I picked an item off the shelf and got to register, and found out it was salvage. The gstl's would give it to me for the last clearance price. I was never told I could not buy it because it was salvage.

How closely is reversing salvage watched? I've done it for several things that would sell. Sometimes I've bought one the next day.

ASANTS. You should know that better than most. :p

Plenty of stores don't even follow corporate policy when it comes to the "dress code", so I imagine there are also stores that don't follow policy in regards to CAs and finals/terms.

That's the thing there is little asants when it comes to termination.

Every etl hr has the same guideline book and has to run it by their hrbp who often runs it by corps legal team. We caught a girl in the fitting room stall with her bf and had to wait 3 days for legal to approve her term.

I think a lot of times people assumed someone was fired for X, when there was also Y and Z.

How closely is reversing salvage watched? I've done it for several things that would sell. Sometimes I've bought one the next day.

Depends on your AP. For reverse salvage I would certainly not do it the same day.

That's the thing there is little asants when it comes to termination.

Every etl hr has the same guideline book and has to run it by their hrbp who often runs it by corps legal team. We caught a girl in the fitting room stall with her bf and had to wait 3 days for legal to approve her term.

I think a lot of times people assumed someone was fired for X, when there was also Y and Z.

Yea I should've been fired back in the spring, and I didn't find out I was on final until 11 days later. Granted, I had a vacation start 3 days after the incident. HR was like "I have to talk to my bp because idk... There's no guide for this."

I didn't realize she had to run it by the bp. I thought she was just being indecisive and not good at her job. In my mind, it was an easy decision that didn't require any guide

There was a CSM (Customer Service Manager) who was fired for stealing a CSM override key and duplicating it for herself and her friends. :rolleyes:

Whats the stupidest reason someone gave for stealing? And go...

Dumbest one i've seen was a post over at reddit where someone got fired for "accidentally" placing 5-6 of those popsockets in their pockets, and forgot about them. They come on giant cards, so seriously unless your pockets had some harry potter magic applied to them, theres no way you can stick that many in your pockets and forget.

I would not reverse a salvage unless I personally did the salvage or I talked to the person who did it.
Some things might "look" ok, but if you've seen the tweekers who bring stuff back, you'd know why it was salvaged.

I always ask for ID whenever it pops up on screen at register, my coworker asked for my ID while I checked out for DayQuil but it's not a big deal I showed him my ID without any question or unhappiness . Why makes life difficult for other people? But I'm not so sure what my AP is really doing because last time she literally said she has no idea where the security camera is and seems like she's not joking.... (WTH?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back