Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't work in either the back room or market, I'm assuming that people have legitimate reasons for being there throughout the day. Someone who's been doing this for two years and hasn't been caught yet is likely combining carrying the box in with legitimate reasons, and is probably not eating them in the break room but taking them home instead.
Yup
There are tons of none market tms that go in the cooler.

Brtms doing audits
Pricing doing price change
Sftms that were covering market
Front end getting food Ave suplies

Everyone but softlines and cashier's will end up going in there eventually

I feel like in the near future someone will get fired for using a shopping cart.
Never at my store. Our ETL's originally tried to get us to stop using them but it became pretty obvious that they are totally necessary for both stray and especially cardboard, because who wants to put together a huge cage just for one flat of toys?

I feel like they don’t put enough focus on theft during orientation.

Everything is tracked and counted. The majority of targets cameras are operational, and it’s not just store side AP people who monitor them. You might not get caught that day or that week, but it will catch up to you.

no cameras on the coolers doors? as someone who was a former thief as a kid for 5 years now working in retail...I'd just look at who enters and exits the fridge at certain times and keep track of those dpcis that keep disappearing...find the regular time of that by checking market tm schedules and then walk in the breakroom and bust them. bwhahahaha not that hard actually unless Im missing something because ive never worked AP

yeah that's exactly what they did at my last job when they noticed someone was stealing steaks, porkchops and brats from the meat department, pretty easy to just check the damn tapes and see who's walking in with an empty bag and leaving with a full bag and stop them at the door. Turned out to be the shift manager of the meat dept. who had been with the company for 19 years lol...

Everything is tracked and counted. The majority of targets cameras are operational, and it’s not just store side AP people who monitor them. You might not get caught that day or that week, but it will catch up to you.

Meh AP doesn't mind getting an internal if a stupid tm wants to get caught

I'm pretty sure it is now. It didn't used to be. Investigations center is closed out here.

I was just thinking today, while at a different Target, where I saw a 70 year old TPS who appeared to have a limp as well .... my old store used to do multiple aps a week. I don't think that there has been one all year since they have a new AP-ETL and a 4'10" female TPS who just turned 18 this year. LOL. My first year there, a TM went down every single month for something. Sometimes more than one a month. I don't recall anyone getting fired this year. Is nobody stealing anymore? Not likely. We have lots of new TM's.

I'm pretty sure it is now. It didn't used to be. Investigations center is closed out here.

I was just thinking today, while at a different Target, where I saw a 70 year old TPS who appeared to have a limp as well .... my old store used to do multiple aps a week. I don't think that there has been one all year since they have a new AP-ETL and a 4'10" female TPS who just turned 18 this year. LOL. My first year there, a TM went down every single month for something. Sometimes more than one a month. I don't recall anyone getting fired this year. Is nobody stealing anymore? Not likely. We have lots of new TM's.

I know rumors ain’t anything and the telephone game deletes the truth but I was told the SoCal investigation center was closing to expand the regional center or something like that. Target has always been top of the game for AP, maybe it’s just a slight transitional phase

I'm pretty sure anyone could be a TPS if they wanted to be now. Really you're just glorified door greeters that get to go "make yourself known" in the event of someone being shady while your APS or APTL or ETL-AP is on the way to deal with it because they're the ones that can.

just correct me if I'm wrong, I have no TPS at my store, just an APTL.

I'm pretty sure anyone could be a TPS if they wanted to be now. Really you're just glorified door greeters that get to go "make yourself known" in the event of someone being shady while your APS or APTL or ETL-AP is on the way to deal with it because they're the ones that can.

Depends on the tps.

Our old tps just complained about his restrictions and being asked to stand at the door.

Our newest TPS is amazing -- when apbp visits he stands at the door, but otherwise he's out getting pmrs. We had this meth addict pick up a receipt in the parking lot grab a jacket and try to return it. My TPS saw him on camera walked out to the front lanes and told him to put the jacket back.

The dude looked at him, put the jacket on the ground and walked out of the store.

With a strong presence and vigilant eye. Yes you can still be a successful TPS.

Is getting terminated for taking keys home actually a thing at any other stores? I've heard of people at other stores getting autobanned for it but scatterbrained me has done it 3 times in 2 years and I still have yet to be written up even once. All that happened in my case was 1) find them in my pocket while doing laundry on my day off 2) quickly floor it back up to the store 3) find the STL and say "Oops I took these home with me on accident yesterday, my bad" and he just laughs at me and says "Dumbass! Thanks for bringing them back, see you tomorrow"

I'm guessing it varies by store, how hardcore the STL is and how much they like you...

We've had multiple electronics team members get fired for stealing, so yeah taking the keys home with you is pretty much an auto term if it's more than like an hour or two before you bring them back.

I know rumors ain’t anything and the telephone game deletes the truth but I was told the SoCal investigation center was closing to expand the regional center or something like that. Target has always been top of the game for AP, maybe it’s just a slight transitional phase

I could not wait it out. I had to move on. Oh well, that's my specialty IRL. I got a full-time job elsewhere, but I still do investigations part-time.

My old store's TPS is such a joke. The TM was much better in electronics or hardlines. I think that they have a second person too. We rarely have anyone at night on Friday or Saturday (since nobody is stealing then....:rolleyes:). We're staffed at 2:00 PM on any given Tuesday though.

While I don't work in either the back room or market, I'm assuming that people have legitimate reasons for being there throughout the day. Someone who's been doing this for two years and hasn't been caught yet is likely combining carrying the box in with legitimate reasons, and is probably not eating them in the break room but taking them home instead.

I agree I just think with how good my targets cameras are and assuming they're similar or the same at most stores it'd be easy to figure out via what they have on their cart and what disappears into some kinda container. The other guy who quoted me said something about a bag. We aren't allowed to use bags for anything at "my" target to transport merch unless its an FA so I'm confused. Anyway, as someone who has been in APs office several times to help figure something out I definitely think someone stealing meat consistently would be easy to pin after a few weeks.

If it was consistent of course...if it's all over the place that's when the real game begins lmao

A motivated, hard working TPS can do a lot.

Apprehending a subject isn't the only way to recover merchandise or prevent losses to the store, and if that's someone's mindset, then they don't really belong in AP.

A motivated, hard working TPS can do a lot.

Apprehending a subject isn't the only way to recover merchandise or prevent losses to the store, and if that's someone's mindset, then they don't really belong in AP.

I know, I saw a few days ago two walmart loss protection workers beating a man to a pulp over a hat and sucker punching him in the face 7-8 times. Not good.

There was one day that our TPS walked into the men's section, grabbed a coat and put it on, and started browsing the shelves. Then he walked away following a guest who left the area. I don't know what exactly was going on, but I'm pretty certain the TPS wasn't clothes shopping.

bumping this because I just finished reading through this thread again and laughing my ass off...hoping y'all have more lols to share?

bonus xp if your stories include: throwing down with another TM, throwing down with the cops, boinking each other in closets/stalls, and last but not least "best of" seasonal shenanigans!

bumping this because I just finished reading through this thread again and laughing my ass off...hoping y'all have more lols to share?

bonus xp if your stories include: throwing down with another TM, throwing down with the cops, boinking each other in closets/stalls, and last but not least "best of" seasonal shenanigans!

Hard to get fired when it was the 2 ETLs in the store who disappeared into an office for 20 min. Upon return his shirt was untucked.

A long time pricing tm at my store was venting in the break room about an obnoxious ETL and said that she could suck it. Our butt kissing VML and another tm heard and ratted him out to HR. When they termed him he threw his discount card at the ETL HR, then his name tag, told them they were the reason the store was falling apart and before he could throw his walkie at her the LOG ETL stepped in front of him to take it. Then when he left he peed on their car door handles. It was awesome. Everyone talked about it for weeks. He actually came shopping the other day after not seeing him for almost a year and he got a bunch of high fives.:D

A long time pricing tm at my store was venting in the break room about an obnoxious ETL and said that she could suck it. Our butt kissing VML and another tm heard and ratted him out to HR. When they termed him he threw his discount card at the ETL HR, then his name tag, told them they were the reason the store was falling apart and before he could throw his walkie at her the LOG ETL stepped in front of him to take it. Then when he left he peed on their car door handles. It was awesome. Everyone talked about it for weeks. He actually came shopping the other day after not seeing him for almost a year and he got a bunch of high fives.:D

Wait a minute, from what I understand, you CAN’T be termed just from heresay or gossip.

So how did he get termed?

This is why I don’t trust people at my store.

We went through 2 Target Tech people in a couple weeks. First dude was annoying but a good sales person, but he was caught stealing time. He was constantly late. His replacement didn't even last 2 weeks, caught stealing apparently

We had a SFS seasonal who had no people skills at all, and he threw a walkie to another tm at her face when she asked for one. Her husband who did Flow, confronted him, and to say the least we lost two people in one day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back