Archived Succession Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

HR101

HR TM
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to these posts and I like all the things I see so far! It's cool to see how other team members interact with each other and the differences there are between different stores.

I had a question that maybe some of you guys could elaborate on. I've heard between team leads and ETLs about team members and team leaders on their succession planning lists or what-not. I know succession planning means that they could see potential in those team member or team leads, but what else could succession planning be related too?

Thanks for the info and awesome forums!

my cynical self cannot resist the urge to say that this is an exec teams effort to have a plan for the future, as if they could have a plan for every eventual outcome.

yes, I feel better

So is it kind of like a discussion/decision thing to see which team members would be retained or see if they can get higher up in the company?

There is a "TL Succession Plan" for each store, in each district. It says what the TLs wins/opps are, time in position, time with company, as well as lists potential/bench candidates for TL spots.

It is openly available for your district on Sharepoint.

There is also an executive succession plan that the DTL and STLs go over that is kept on file with the HRBP

Succession Planning is updated every month, it will list every TL and Rx Tech's strengths and opportunities as well as how long they have been in position, when they are planned to either be termed, promoted, or moved based on their current performance, and any tm's in the workings to be a TL and when they will be ready. It's not accessible to anyone outside ETL-HR's and STL's. It will also list the TL's in order from bottom %10 to High Potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back