Sunscreen recall

I'm on vacation and just saw the recall on the news. How big is this recall? I can just picture my store just pulling everything and not keeping the different brands separated.

What usually happens in my store: guest tries to buy item, the POS prints out a RECALL slip and guest can't buy item. GS gets item and tells the appropriate department to pull product. That department then handles it. If the recalls come to GS, we have a special recall bin that we throw them into and take to receiver later on.

What usually happens in my store: guest tries to buy item, the POS prints out a RECALL slip and guest can't buy item. GS gets item and tells the appropriate department to pull product. That department then handles it. If the recalls come to GS, we have a special recall bin that we throw them into and take to receiver later on.
Cool... And how it's handled at my sore: It's ignored until I return to work. Which in this instance was two days since I was out for a medical procedure. If any turn up with the POS tag they show up in any of my CRC/Salvage boxes which I have to go through everyday since GS doesn't know these are different things... Please, kill me now, the stupidity hurts

Cool... And how it's handled at my sore: It's ignored until I return to work. Which in this instance was two days since I was out for a medical procedure. If any turn up with the POS tag they show up in any of my CRC/Salvage boxes which I have to go through everyday since GS doesn't know these are different things... Please, kill me now, the stupidity hurts
This is what I'm expecting when I return from vacation.

How do you process recall items? I was always told just to give it to guest service.

First thank you for asking! Scan it when it says recall you can bring it the receiver, if he/she isn't there please leave it on their desk with a note on it that it is a recall item. We will handle it from there.. But this does not apply to any item like grocery that needs to be kept cold/frozen. Talk to a market TL to stash it in a spot that they can keep it. I only say this since some idiot left raw eggs on my desk over a weekend. I was not pleased.. Most grocery recalls go toss, but we need to hold the items until spot tells us to toss the stuff.

It's all of the Neutrogena SPF in spray form. The lotions are fine. Not that it matters, the hundreds we had on hand were all in spray form. 🙃 We bring them up to guest service if we are there. If it's not during the hours anyone from the beauty team is there then the SS-ETL grabs it or she has a TL from style do it.

A battle I have decided not to fight. I am waging war with GS and ESIM.. CRC and Salvage if they screw it up, it's on them.

@lucidtm I keep a pallet in the steel above my desk with all the holds, actually two right now since all those camp chairs are on hold.

A battle I have decided not to fight. I am waging war with GS and ESIM.. CRC and Salvage if they screw it up, it's on them.

@lucidtm I keep a pallet in the steel above my desk with all the holds, actually two right now since all those camp chairs are on hold.
Yep, I just go through every single box and find the strays, they still cant figure out why I get 4 hours everyweek when I'm only scheduled for 32... maybe the next manager will have a clue, but I doubt it....

If you are the receiver then it would be on you. You are responsible for esim log .

Yep and ESIM will be right and they are fucking up my bins so badly I can't even look at the pallets, since right now they seem to think that all the bins are sort bins. CRC I look over but salvage goes Goodwill and I just "send it". I refuse to wrap it, make them responsible for it so when it comes back fucked up, it's on them.

Amanda Cantwell they just don't care. The last ETL was a complete douchebro and his idiocy had all of his GSTL's quit except the nice but useless one. So with that and the only people they are seemly able to hire right now are 16 year olds who don't know anything and no one trains them it's a mess. I walked in today to my ESIM bins all open and stuffed full since they didn't bring up the ESIM all week so they filled my sort bins and when those were full just filled the rest of them with whatever. Then the spider wraps and liquor caps they did the same just shoved them in whatever bin they felt like. So I got the fun of resorting all of my bins today. While on the busiest vendor day of my week.. And two of those vendors are my liquor vendors where I have to cap a lot of their stuff. Fun times.. And weirdly that was the best part of my day.

Back