Supply chain problems.

How are store holding up? I been to couple of store and some of the shelves are looking empty.

Supposedly Target and Walmart have made some strong supply chain decisions. It helps that they have the buying power to be able to get the items desired. I still expect delays on items and perhaps not as many options as previous years but inventory in my store has been better lately.

Back in July or August my store had one weekly forecast of 12 trucks that ended up being 7 or 8.

Some of our food and beverage vendors are getting half or less than what they ordered.

Edit: screwed up math

Last edited:
Our trailer forecast is wildly inaccurate because we are regularly getting scheduled extra doubles and then DC will do a trailer cancel right after due to freight flow issues.

Our last few weeks of 9 or 10 trailers have all ended up being 8 trailer weeks because of this.

BREAKING NEWS: USS Backstock runs aground off Alaskan coast; releasing an estimated 862 kilotons of glitter and Trim-A-Tree. Investigators believe staffing issues led to the accident, as there was no captain or pilot scheduled aboard the vessel at the time owing to payroll cuts, and only one Dedicated Boat Owner (DBO) reportedly in charge of the entire ship. “I totally didn’t see that,” a Target spokescritter said in an interview with CTT News. We are continuing to follow this story as it unfolds.

Anyone in border towns. Borders opening up november 8th be prepared for that as well.

The shipper trays for two sales planners I set in early September finally arrived today with a ton of product. And both end caps will be torn down next week or the following week - great timing! After weeks of looking sort of sparse, they look terrific now!
Makes me think I won't exactly rush to get the new ones set if more product doesn't come in pretty quickly. The only good thing is that they're both back end caps so not as obvious.

The shipper trays for two sales planners I set in early September finally arrived today with a ton of product. And both end caps will be torn down next week or the following week - great timing! After weeks of looking sort of sparse, they look terrific now!
Makes me think I won't exactly rush to get the new ones set if more product doesn't come in pretty quickly. The only good thing is that they're both back end caps so not as obvious.
Have had constant issues with my shippers for hba and stationary.

Our trailer forecast is wildly inaccurate because we are regularly getting scheduled extra doubles and then DC will do a trailer cancel right after due to freight flow issues.

Our last few weeks of 9 or 10 trailers have all ended up being 8 trailer weeks because of this.
Can you put a word for me too?? I want cancel trucks. Because my od is insane if they think I’ll take 18 trucks the week of thanksgiving with Thursday being closed .

we keep canceling trucks because we don’t have the warm bodies to work the trucks. We roll regular trucks, doubles will see 90% of the second rolled over. Next week is a rumored 10 trucks we will not survive.

Toilet paper and paper towels at my store are starting to look all early Pandemic bare. Not sure if that's the supply chain or hoarders.

Hoarders. We got 3 pallets of toilet paper today and all gone by noon.
Or anticipating a crap-ton of holiday guests.
My grandma used to tell company who overstayed their welcome that when we ran out of toilet paper we'll just use the old Sears catalogs ;)

Back