Archived sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
ive been chosen to work the sweeps if the other backroom tm who usually manages the sweeps calls out.

ive already done the sweep once but i had help from our receiving/reverse logistics TM but they didnt cover most of it since we were in a hurry.

i know how to sort out blue/red pallets, brown pallets, repacks (white and small red and black need to be counted individually) bales, hanger bins, salvage, crc and all that fun stuff.

its the PDA functions that get me and all the paper work and computer stuff, this is what they sort of rushed through with me.

does anyone with knowledge of the sweep know what to do with PDA and all that computer, and paper work stuff?

I think he's talking about the actual sweep trailer Hardlinesmaster, not just the sweep transfer batch.

Anyways, certain stores have different sweep days. Mine is every Friday.
First I usually have a backroom tm pull the sweep batch and print out the report to put the counts on. Everything pulled must be in case packs, just how HLmaster said. Shrink wrap it on a pallet and put it in the trailer.
Next I would prep whatever CRC pallets I have. I would get a yellow label paper (hope you know what those are), fill it out, and put it on both sides. Write down the number under the barcode (should start with an R but don't include it). Next go into the SHIP function under RF apps, and scan out the pallets. The carrier should be RUAN and the pro # is the date + store number.
Then fill out a piece of paper with the trailer number, seal number, CRC pallet numbers, blue pallets, brown + red pallets, hanger bins (hanger bins must have store id sticker on them), bales, recyclables, and plastics. Then seal up the trailer.
Next go onto workbench and get to the reverse logistics page. Go into sweeps and click ship sweep. Put in the counts that the backroom tm pulled then go to the next page. Here you should put the number that you wrote down from the CRC pallets. After you add those, then fill out the page with all the info for the bales, pallets, hanger bins, etc... After that click finish, print out 4 BOL, sign them all, and go outside to the trailer dock and put them in the king pin lock up (blue mailbox looking thing).

That should get you through it. :D

Oh and the salvage pallets, I donate them to goodwill. Don't know if your store has a different policy but I don't include them on the sweep.

Last edited:
I think he's talking about the actual sweep trailer Hardlinesmaster, not just the sweep transfer batch.

Anyways, certain stores have different sweep days. Mine is every Friday.
First I usually have a backroom tm pull the sweep batch and print out the report to put the counts on. Everything pulled must be in case packs, just how HLmaster said. Shrink wrap it on a pallet and put it in the trailer.
Next I would prep whatever CRC pallets I have. I would get a yellow label paper (hope you know what those are), fill it out, and put it on both sides. Write down the number under the barcode (should start with an R but don't include it). Next go into the SHIP function under RF apps, and scan out the pallets. The carrier should be RUAN and the pro # is the date + store number.
Then fill out a piece of paper with the trailer number, seal number, CRC pallet numbers, blue pallets, brown + red pallets, hanger bins (hanger bins must have store id sticker on them), bales, recyclables, and plastics. Then seal up the trailer.
Next go onto workbench and get to the reverse logistics page. Go into sweeps and click ship sweep. Put in the counts that the backroom tm pulled then go to the next page. Here you should put the number that you wrote down from the CRC pallets. After you add those, then fill out the page with all the info for the bales, pallets, hanger bins, etc... After that click finish, print out 4 BOL, sign them all, and go outside to the trailer dock and put them in the king pin lock up (blue mailbox looking thing).

That should get you through it. :D

Oh and the salvage pallets, I donate them to goodwill. Don't know if your store has a different policy but I don't include them on the sweep.

yes! this is exactly what i needed to know, thanks!

Anytime. Usually your receiver should do this though lol.

they said they would cover more when the time comes, that day i had to help with the truck so we were behind, plus oversized bales made it complicated getting in the truck lol

they said they would cover more when the time comes, that day i had to help with the truck so we were behind, plus oversized bales made it complicated getting in the truck lol

I meant load up the trailer for the sweep lol, but it always good to know.

Wow, I am the receiver and I have to pull, load and do EVERYTHING for the sweep. My backroom helps 0 of the time. Must be nice to have help.

Wow, I am the receiver and I have to pull, load and do EVERYTHING for the sweep. My backroom helps 0 of the time. Must be nice to have help.

Ask your ETL Log if someone from backroom can pull the sweep. I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

Done that, no help, they are always "too busy" to help.

thats sucks! the person who does it at my store does everything, they prepare it the day before and get everything wrapped up, the day of the sweep they will load everything they could and all the paper work.

one backroom TM should do it because im pritty sure the receiver has alot of other crazy tasks to do besides dealing with vendors.

I typically have my team pull the merchandise sweep and load the truck. Except for CRC and salvage. I do make my receiver own the cleanliness of receiving so you shouldn't feel to overworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back