Archived System CAF vs. manual CAF pull timeliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainDog

Logistics
So I know that the MyPerformance metric for CAF pull timeliness tracks both scheduled and manual CAFs, but what does it combine them for the overall score? In other words, does it take into account both or just scheduled ones?

Let's say you were late on a few scheduled CAFs (e.g. 3 PM batches) but the backroom has pulled dozens of manuals that week, will the score balance out?

Last edited:
Never really dug into this metric. I assumed it had a lot to do with how quickly research is being pulled. There are help links in myPerformance that explain each metric and how they are calculated.

I've never actually looked, but I had thought the metric is only graded on CAFs, not any other type of pull, including autos.

I didn't think manual CAFs were timed.

It's always been my understanding that you have an hour to pull a manual batch.

We went through a period of horrendous amounts of grocery backstock crowding up the back, so we did a bunch of manuals. My ETL refused to drop a batch until the previous one was finished (Had to do GRC1, then call and she'd drop GRC2, etc)

I don't understand the one hour time limit. It sounds like the new manual process gives a ton of flexibility in terms of how much it pulls, which is fantastic, but like...I always felt like we should've just been able to stop mid-pull and delete the batch. Surely getting SOME product on the floor is better than avoiding dropping a manual for fear of running out of time.

To my knowledge, only scheduled CAFs are timed. We drop manuals every evening for our offsite, because nobody works overnight to pull the autofills which drop at 10:30. I know for a fact they take anywhere from 2-3 hours to pull those ~20 batches, and if it was negatively affecting our metrics I'm sure something would have been done.

I've been under the assumption that only scheduled CAFs are timed, but I could be wrong.

I actually had the same question and did some research on this when the whole Item Level Replenishment rolled out. Computer created CAF pulls (1's,3's,5's) are the only "timed" CAF pulls. Manual Created CAF pulls will actually disappear from the system when the Computer generates the CAFs. Instock's/research batches are also Timed, these should be pulled within the hour of them dropping into the system. Hope this helps

I've had research sit in there for quite a bit before, never seen it affect the metric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back