Archived System Outages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have other stores had various system outage issues this week and last week regarding POS and backroom location updates ignoring specific attributes. We have not done research for a few days based on an email from store communications to discontinue processes until further notice. Does anyone know exactly what the issues are with this ?

I heard there were POS issues with WIC transactions, but I'm not a WIC store so I don't know.

My store doesn't do WIC, so I've heard nothing about any POS issues. The backroom issues involved items that were scanned in Research (via the Task List), so Instocks has only been able to scan in Stand-Alone Outs lately.

The backroom issues involved items that were scanned in Research (via the Task List).

Well, sorta. A bunch of items were deleted from the backroom location file, so if you scanned them in Research and tried to 0 the count, instead of pulling them from the backroom and leaving the count alone, the system would just say OK! and change the OH to 0. They're telling us not to use any Research functions until they're certain the backroom locations have been properly restored.

Strangely, though, the directions last week were to LOCU the affected stockroom aisles/audit the list of DPCIs they knew to be affected; but this morning, they changed the directions and told us to STOP updating the stockroom while they come up with a new plan. I'm sure my store isn't the only one that had a lot of people scratching their heads and wondering if all the payroll we added over the past few days--which we used to LOCU the whole stockroom--will turn out to have been a waste.

We were told the same plus I had to stop all price changes due to the system outages. Hoping that everything is back to normal so I can go back to my markdowns.

Well, sorta. A bunch of items were deleted from the backroom location file, so if you scanned them in Research and tried to 0 the count, instead of pulling them from the backroom and leaving the count alone, the system would just say OK! and change the OH to 0. They're telling us not to use any Research functions until they're certain the backroom locations have been properly restored.

Strangely, though, the directions last week were to LOCU the affected stockroom aisles/audit the list of DPCIs they knew to be affected; but this morning, they changed the directions and told us to STOP updating the stockroom while they come up with a new plan. I'm sure my store isn't the only one that had a lot of people scratching their heads and wondering if all the payroll we added over the past few days--which we used to LOCU the whole stockroom--will turn out to have been a waste.

There were company wide DTL to store level conference calls held this afternoon. They were supposed to clarify the conflicting communications that were flying around. It's a hot mess.

There were company wide DTL to store level conference calls held this afternoon. They were supposed to clarify the conflicting communications that were flying around. It's a hot mess.

You can say that again. I'm just hoping I can work my price changes tomorrow and either they add payroll for my team members or allow me overtime in order to catch up on the markdowns that we were forced to stop doing today...neither of which will probably happen.

You can say that again. I'm just hoping I can work my price changes tomorrow and either they add payroll for my team members or allow me overtime in order to catch up on the markdowns that we were forced to stop doing today...neither of which will probably happen.

Common sense would be to charge out all hours used to LOCU and Try to solve this mess to disaster recovery just like if the store where to lose power and the freezers died. Hope someone comes up with that idea up in corp.

Common sense would be to charge out all hours used to LOCU and Try to solve this mess to disaster recovery just like if the store where to lose power and the freezers died. Hope someone comes up with that idea up in corp.

That did happen at my store...

I had to play catch up with markdowns without any support help or additional hours. GTC to my team for busting their asses getting the markdowns left from yesterday and today completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back