Archived T-A-T 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForACallBox

General Merchandise Expert (Stationery)
Anyone have any good ideas on how to display box trees on the tree flat? The planogram way is stupid and makes no sense. I’d like to display all trees but we run out of space quickly.
FBD73B6D-BB3B-4F15-BD16-F7E6162A53B2.jpeg

Sugar Paper is a B, every year. But anyway....
Just jam em in there. Get up as many as you can. I try n do three rows per table. Some on either die with others sprinkled in the middle like the number 5 on a die. Checker pattern. Tall ones in the middle.

First thing I noticed was the BTS CSE, lol We have put risers on both sides of the aisle, allowing us to store trees on the floor. (They tettertot alittle, but its workable.

I feel like there's a diagram. One row or more of every tree. Last year we kept a black pallet at the end of each row bulked out with trees.

First thing I noticed was the BTS CSE, lol We have put risers on both sides of the aisle, allowing us to store trees on the floor. (They tettertot alittle, but its workable.

lol and now that you mention it

all those convertibles back there

So who's pulled off the 48 hour challenge?

That 48 hour challenge is just made up bullshit. Challenge? What is this? Battle of of the Network Stars?

We spent hours demerchandising and remerchandising Halloween.

In the TNT meeting, all this was planned out, but when we get in to work at 9pm, nothing is done.

So no, we didn't get the 48 hour challenge done because there was no support.

Our part of this was to clean and set. But when the other things aren't done, we have to back up and finish that.

Thanks management. Sometimes I think not making plans that won't be executed would be better than this.

Yeah... guidance was NOT TO CONDENSE... let the guest do the work, by buying the merchandise. Not sure how they thought we'd be able to set any Seasonal without condensing. We did not complete the 48 hour challenge. We still have the whole flat to set and building trees. Which is full of costumes right now.

Yeah... guidance was NOT TO CONDENSE... let the guest do the work, by buying the merchandise. Not sure how they thought we'd be able to set any Seasonal without condensing. We did not complete the 48 hour challenge. We still have the whole flat to set and building trees. Which is full of costumes right now.

LOL fuck that. We got all the stuff into miniseasonal.

Did we complete the challenge? No. But seasonal went fuckin' amazing

We opted to set 90% of mini seasonal instead since that is what was empty. About a third of our seasonal flat with adjacent gondolas are set but empty and tomorrow we are setting the tree flat and finishing the ornament bins.

It's been nice not worrying about any 48 challenge this year. Leadership has been very low key even with all the big projects going on.

Haha! Patio CSE was on the other side. We never got any new signing.

I haven't. Elaborate please.
It was a tall fixture on wheels that was 6 or 8 feet wide at least 6 feet tall. It sat in the middle of the racetrack and was moved around the store depending on what was selling. When we had a company space TL they were in charge of mini, cart well, sidecaps and the opportunity cart. My signing guy and I wish they would bring something like this back so we could stop building so much cardboard crap.
Or for a smaller version, give us extra convertibles. They can be merched with basics for bts, candy the last week before a holiday, new releases when Star Wars movies come out (lol), etc etc etc.
We waste soooo much time building this crap.
If I remember right the only reason we had to get rid of the opportunity cart was because it was huge and we went thru a rigid no fixtures on the racetrack phase. Back at this time we also had little tables we put clearance in and placed on the racetrack.

Last edited:
It was a tall fixture on wheels that was 6 or 8 feet wide at least 6 feet tall. It sat in the middle of the racetrack and was moved around the store depending on what was selling. When we had a company space TL they were in charge of mini, cart well, sidecaps and the opportunity cart.

I wish someone other than POG would handle all those things... or get rid of all those things. UGH they all suck to set and maintain.

My signing guy and I wish they would bring something like this back so we could stop building so much cardboard crap.

Spent today building those ornament bins for the seasonal floor focal. Took me all shift to build them. We never made it to the Rock Tree pog/table display. It's sitting under the undecorated table in the middle of the space right now. I feel these bins get more and more elaborate to build. They're nice when finished, but so time consuming.

Or for a smaller version, give us extra convertibles. They can be merched with basics for bts, candy the last week before a holiday, new releases when Star Wars movies come out (lol), etc etc etc.
If I remember right the only reason we had to get rid of the opportunity cart was because it was huge and we went thru a rigid no fixtures on the racetrack phase. Back at this time we also had little tables we put clearance in and placed on the racetrack.

That does sound like a good idea to have a mobile setup for clearance/discounted product. These giant basket things are ridiculous... that actually sounds like a good fixture to have blocking aisles instead.

It was a tall fixture on wheels that was 6 or 8 feet wide at least 6 feet tall. It sat in the middle of the racetrack and was moved around the store depending on what was selling. When we had a company space TL they were in charge of mini, cart well, sidecaps and the opportunity cart. My signing guy and I wish they would bring something like this back so we could stop building so much cardboard crap.

Big Red Basket = opportunity cart 2.0

The Rock tree table is just so... flimsy. It seems like they just took money from the TAT budget and dumped it into Amp. Gifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back