Archived Tackling Cosmetics Shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcardroy

ETL-AP
I'd like to seek ideas on how your store manages cosmetics backstock. Cosmetics, like in most stores, is our top shortage category. We can't merchandise protect most of our cosmetics, but we can limit the amount of high priced DPCIs we leave out on the salesfloor. My store appears to have an overstock issue on the salesfloor. I wouldn't be surprised if boosters are cleaning house under our nose. The complaint I've received is that beauty tm's end up spending way too much time backstocking. Anyone have any ideas on what works for your store? And if you have any ideas to reduce shortage here in general?

I'd like to seek ideas on how your store manages cosmetics backstock. Cosmetics, like in most stores, is our top shortage category. We can't merchandise protect most of our cosmetics, but we can limit the amount of high priced DPCIs we leave out on the salesfloor. My store appears to have an overstock issue on the salesfloor. I wouldn't be surprised if boosters are cleaning house under our nose. The complaint I've received is that beauty tm's end up spending way too much time backstocking. Anyone have any ideas on what works for your store? And if you have any ideas to reduce shortage here in general?

Greeting every guest. Asking if they need help. Being visible. Not staying in the same aisle.

Update capacities. Do you guys have the new cosmetics vehicle? Label the compartments by brand, have lots of rubber bands handy and have it all ready to be backstocked quickly.

I entertained the idea of giving the spots in that vehicle backroom locations that match the cosmetics aisle, so you can backstock to the vehicle as you go, then transfer it to the matching Waco after.

The pushback I got was from the log etl regarding ship looking for it before it’s made it to the backroom, but I ain’t buying it.

Update capacities. Do you guys have the new cosmetics vehicle? Label the compartments by brand, have lots of rubber bands handy and have it all ready to be backstocked quickly.

I entertained the idea of giving the spots in that vehicle backroom locations that match the cosmetics aisle, so you can backstock to the vehicle as you go, then transfer it to the matching Waco after.

The pushback I got was from the log etl regarding ship looking for it before it’s made it to the backroom, but I ain’t buying it.
Definitely a cool idea but I agree too much margin for error.

Good idea, until one of them forgets to move a few bins over and it just sits there, located and unlocated at the same time. I suppose if the cart was staged in the backroom near the aisle, the FF TM can just check the same location in both if there's an issue, but that's assuming you have room to do that.
We do stage ours in front of the aisle. But yes, that was the main concern about this idea.

I like the new vehicle. It’s sorted by brand, instead of being in a big repack box😀

The only thing I don't like is that the bins are not latched onto the frame well enough to keep them from falling off if someone runs into them. When they built the first one they did a dumb and put it in the fixture room. Every time I had to squeeze by that thing I was knocking a bin off the frame. Fortunately they've since moved it out of there. Don't know if anyone else has/had that issue or if maybe the one I was running into wasn't properly finished. shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back