• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Taken off the schedule

This week I was originally scheduled one lonely day. End of last week it was cut to 3 hours & today it disappears off the computer. I've heard a rumor that there is a minimum number of hours to be scheduled & they still pay that minimum if your not? Anyone experience this?
Edit: I'm back on my normal days & even "long" shifts the following week.

Last edited:

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
This week I was originally scheduled one lonely day. End of last week it was cut to 3 hours & today it disappears off the computer. I've heard a rumor that there is a minimum number of hours to be scheduled & they still pay that minimum if your not? Anyone experience this?
Edit: I'm back on my normal days & even "long" shifts the following week.
You are only paid for hours you work. Talk to HR.

File for unemployment ( or Under-employment) for this week. Most states pay when your hours are 50% of your average. Usually filing for Unemployment gets Spot to find you some hours.

I've had a couple of weeks where I had no hours, it's possible. Take a photo each week of the physical schedule and Kronos(ASANTS I've heard some stores don't like you screenshotting). Call them out when they start messing with your hours. They make such a huge issue with you being flexible and "can you come in early today" or "can you come in today" at a crisp 7 am on your first day off in a week and somehow get pissed when you wake up at a comfortable 10:30 am... on what was supposed to be your day off. "okay thank you anyways" turns into a "k" real quick lmao